Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, make sure you have the latest Z-Wave plugin update to see the three devices in the image for each switch. Without it you'll only see one device.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaOtter View Post
      I installed six of the new switches on two different controllers using the Z-Tool+ app and none of them installed the Sceen 001 key pressed device.
      Post your support profile so we can see which version of the software and plug-ins you have installed.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Is there anyway to release a firmware that would give us the option to leave the bottom LED on at all times even when the dimmer is turned off. All other dimmers on the market have this feature. That's the only thing preventing me from buying another 10 of these dimmers. Other than that, I'm extremely happy with them.

Comment

I assume this is referring to the switch, not the dimmer?

I will note for a firmware update. There won't be an update for quite a while, the certification process alone takes a long time and is expensive.

Here is a trick that might work though. The switch has a setting to swap the function of the LED. So create an event that when the switch goes ON, send the parameter command to set the LED ON when the switch is on, and when the switch goes OFF, set the parameter so the LED is ON when the switch is OFF. I am not sure if just setting the parameter will immediately affect the LED, but you can test that in the settings for the switch.

I am not aware of any Z-Wave switch that has the option to leave the LED ON at all times?

Update: I can confirm that this works, changing the parameter will immediately change the LED.

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
          Is there anyway to release a firmware that would give us the option to leave the bottom LED on at all times even when the dimmer is turned off. All other dimmers on the market have this feature. That's the only thing preventing me from buying another 10 of these dimmers. Other than that, I'm extremely happy with them.
          Last edited by rjh; April 22, 2016, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            I will note for a firmware update. There won't be an update for quite a while, the certification process alone takes a long time and is expensive.

Here is a trick that might work though. The switch has a setting to swap the function of the LED. So create an event that when the switch goes ON, send the parameter command to set the LED ON when the switch is on, and when the switch goes OFF, set the parameter so the LED is ON when the switch is OFF. I am not sure if just setting the parameter will immediately affect the LED, but you can test that in the settings for the switch.

I am not aware of any Z-Wave switch that has the option to leave the LED ON at all times?
            Sorry, this is a HS-WD100+ Dimmer. That workaround would be great, but can I set that Parameter on the dimmer? I don't see it under Settings... What I meant was that all the other dimmers that I know of (GE, Enerwave, Lutron, Linear, etc) give you the option to leave the LED on when the dimmer is off. Yours is a little different. Yours has several LED dim level indicators that turn on when the dimmer is on (which is awesome). What I want is for the bottom LED to remain On, even when the dimmer is off.

Comment

I see, I missed the dimmer part. Right, all the leds go off when you turn it off and there is no setting. I will make a note, if we have to update for any other reason I will see if I can get that in there.

Sorry, this is a HS-WD100+ Dimmer. That workaround would be great, but can I set that Parameter on the dimmer? I don't see it under Settings... What I meant was that all the other dimmers that I know of (GE, Enerwave, Lutron, Linear, etc) give you the option to leave the LED on when the dimmer is off. Yours is a little different. Yours has several LED dim level indicators that turn on when the dimmer is on (which is awesome). What I want is for the bottom LED to remain On, even when the dimmer is off.

Comment

I see, I missed the dimmer part. Right, all the leds go off when you turn it off and there is no setting. I will make a note, if we have to update for any other reason I will see if I can get that in there.
                That would be absolutely beyond fantastic

Comment

I assume this is referring to the switch, not the dimmer?

Update: I can confirm that this works, changing the parameter will immediately change the LED.
                  How about this - we create an Event to set the dim level to 1% when the dimmer is set to Off. That will make the bottom LED go back on, right? How much power do you think having it set to 1% will use?

Comment

Is there anyway to release a firmware that would give us the option to leave the bottom LED on at all times even when the dimmer is turned off. All other dimmers on the market have this feature.
                    I don't think that's true... that dimmers have an "always on" setting. This is what is normally available for dimmers with a single LED indicator:

I'm not sure about other multi-LED indicator switches (Cooper, Leviton), however.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                      I don't think that's true... that dimmers have an "always on" setting. This is what is normally available for dimmers with a single LED indicator:

I'm not sure about other multi-LED indicator switches (Cooper, Leviton), however.
                      Usually even when HomeSeer doesn't know about the parameter in Settings, if you look at the device manual, it'll tell you what Parameters to set in order to change the LED behavior. For example, HomeSeer doesn't automatically give me the option to change the LED behavior on my GE dimmers, however if you look at the manual it'll tell you that if you change Parameter 3 to 0, 1, or 2, it will change the LED behavior. See page 20 here - http://www.lowes.com/pdf/irisMicrosi...mer_Switch.pdf. I was hoping for something similar on these new HomeSeer dimmers, but so far haven't found anything and according to Rich, it may not be possible.

Comment

Post your support profile so we can see which version of the software and plug-ins you have installed.
                        Current version is: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.280
                        Z-Wave 3.0.1.66

Is there a formal display of a support profile?

I just updated the Z-Wave plugin software and rebooted the ZEE S2 and only see the on/off toggle of the root device. If I go to the z-wave tab for the device I can set the "switch reverse", "LED Mode", and response to "all on, all off commands" thats all that is there.

Comment

Usually even when HomeSeer doesn't know about the parameter in Settings, if you look at the device manual, it'll tell you what Parameters to set in order to change the LED behavior. For example, HomeSeer doesn't automatically give me the option to change the LED behavior on my GE dimmers, however if you look at the manual it'll tell you that if you change Parameter 3 to 0, 1, or 2, it will change the LED behavior. See page 20 here - http://www.lowes.com/pdf/irisMicrosi...mer_Switch.pdf. I was hoping for something similar on these new HomeSeer dimmers, but so far haven't found anything and according to Rich, it may not be possible.
                          This is what it says:

LED
                          When shipped from the factory, the LED is set to turn ON when
                          the connected light is turned OFF. This is the default setting and
                          can be changed if your primary controller supports the node
                          configuration function. To make the LED turn ON when the light is
                          turned ON, change parameter 3’s value to “1”. To turn the LED OFF
                          at all times, change parameter 3’s value to 2.
                          • Parameter No: 3
                          • Length: 1 Byte
                          • Valid Values = 0, 1 or 2 (default 0)

This is consistent with the screen shot I included above and with what I said. There's no option that keeps the LED on at all times. However, there is an option that keeps it off at all times.

Comment

on at all times. However, there is an option that keeps it off at all times.
                            That's what I want. I want the LEDs to show to current DIM level (which is unique to this dimmer as far as I know), and also to somewhat behave like other dimmers (leave the bottom LED on when the dimmer is off). Basically a combination of those will leave the bottom LED on at all times.

Comment

I'm confused, I'm trying to run an event using a triple tap and I get this:
                              Attached Files
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                                I'm confused, I'm trying to run an event using a triple tap and I get this:

Do control device.

Comment

Working...
                                X