ImperiHome with MCsSprinklers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImperiHome with MCsSprinklers ?

OK, I have tried a few times to get simple control over my MCsSprinklers rain8 controlled valves with ImperiHome, and I am not there yet.

The main issue seems to be the way that Michael created the plugin sets the devices at one of three values: 0 for off, 100 for on, and some other value for some unknown reason by default. So if I simply add the device to an imperihome dashboard, it shows a device that is on. I can turn the valve on and off, however in Imperihome it never shows "off". This is the case for all of the MCsSprinkers device like inhibit tomorrow, or inhibit today and tomorrow. It would be nice to actually be able to see the status somehow in imperihome. Any help in finding a simple solution is appreciated. I will cross post in the MCsSprinklers section too.
    Attached Files

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Michael has updated his McsSprinklers plugin to have values of 0/100 for off/on. Still ironing out some bugs, but it looks good so far.

What is the best way to change the lightbulb icon to a sprinkler icon for sprinkler devices? There is not a sprinkler in the imperihome icon library in the app, is there a drawback to using custom icons? I thought it might increase the amount of memory the app uses, and thus make it slower/less stable on my iPhone.
    Attached Files

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
      What is the best way to change the lightbulb icon to a sprinkler icon for sprinkler devices? There is not a sprinkler in the imperihome icon library in the app, is there a drawback to using custom icons? I thought it might increase the amount of memory the app uses, and thus make it slower/less stable on my iPhone.
      I can't speak for the ImperiHome developers but I doubt using custom icons would increase significantly the memory used. Just make sure your custom icons are not oversized.

Comment

jlrichar your screens look really great, good job.

Spud, thanks for this plugin.

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          I can't speak for the ImperiHome developers but I doubt using custom icons would increase significantly the memory used. Just make sure your custom icons are not oversized.
          OK. I will give it a try. I just noticed that the sensors I setup for the sprinkler devices do not seem to be updating in imperihome. The imperihome iOS app still shows the same string values as my screenshots above, while homeseer shows current updates.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
            OK. I will give it a try. I just noticed that the sensors I setup for the sprinkler devices do not seem to be updating in imperihome. The imperihome iOS app still shows the same string values as my screenshots above, while homeseer shows current updates.
            One possible reason for string status not being updated is that the function to update the device string is called with the last parameter equal to false:

hs.SetDeviceString(1234, "new string status", false)

If this last parameter is false, other plugins (i.e ImperiHome) are not notified of the change.
            So, see if the plugin author can change this last parameter to true when the SetDeviceString function is called.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
              jlrichar your screens look really great, good job.

Spud, thanks for this plugin.

Aldo
              +1 on the look. This is one of the main reasons I'm inspired to go with HS3. I've almost got my mcsSprinkler migration completed. In the not too distant future I'll spin this app with my setup.
              Thanks for testing the waters...
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                One possible reason for string status not being updated is that the function to update the device string is called with the last parameter equal to false:

hs.SetDeviceString(1234, "new string status", false)

If this last parameter is false, other plugins (i.e ImperiHome) are not notified of the change.
                So, see if the plugin author can change this last parameter to true when the SetDeviceString function is called.
                Thanks Spud,

Michael has already implemented this in a new version of McsSprinklers.

I created some icons to replace the lightbulbs and for use with the latest imperihome beta that has support for custom dynamic icons; however, I may have either not done the transparency correctly, or the app does not handle it correctly. I attached them if someone else wants to take a look to see if they work on Android. Evidently on Android you can set the app to have a black or white window.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X