Date and Time Wrong & a Name Resolution Error Msg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date and Time Wrong & a Name Resolution Error Msg

The problem I have is that the date and time are wrong. Plus, I've getting this odd error message: Error downloading updates file: Error: NameResolutionFailure.

The system has been running fine for about 6 months. I noticed the timers were not functioning correctly a couple of days ago and just restarted the system - no luck. I restarted it again yesterday and again this morning, still no luck.

There have been no user changes. My internet is operating and I have made no configuration changes. I've made no changes to the system.

The only other thing that might help is I also get this message now which I've never seen before: Error downloading updates file: Error: NameResolutionFailure

I am a relative newbie, and cannot find a solution. Any help will be appreciated.

Current Date/Time: 12/31/1969 7:13:39 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.357
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 12 Minutes 13 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.239
    Number of Devices: 91
    Number of Events: 53
    Available Threads: 399

Have you tried restarting your modem, then router, then Zee unit? The Zee gets it's time from the internet and it appears you may be having internet related issues.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. I had not thought of that, but will give it a try. It didn't occur to me since all my other internet dependent devices (tablets, phones, laptops etc.) and computers using the internet are all fully functional, but to your point a fresh restart might work. I'll reply again once I give it a try.

Much appreciated!

Comment

Well, rebooting the modem and router was a great suggestion, but it didn't work. So I'm stuck with the original problem and a system that doesn't work. I'm stumped.

Comment

Well for anyone interested in the conclusion it appears the my Zee was progressively dying. It has now stopped all functions and will not even boot -it's stuck with the Blue LED lit. Frankly, it's quite frustrating.

Comment

Fixed My system

Thanks for the suggestion. I had the same problem with time and sunset/sunrise times. I rebooted everything and am now back up to speed.

Comment

Working...
            X