Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista 128p messages not processed by plugin

Mark,
    I just installed the AD2USB interface in my panel and configured my three partitions and associated zones. I updated the AD2USB to the current firmware in that process. The status of my zones and partitions isn't being updated, and the log shows mostly dumped or ignored messages (see attached).

I have the following alpha keypads defined in the panel:

Address Partition and hardware
    0 P1, no hardware installed, default for Vista
    1 P1, physical keypad (Garage)
    2 P1, no hardware installed, required for TC
    5 P1, physical keypad (Master Bedroom)
    6 P2, physical keypad (Apartment)
    7 P1, physical keypad (Guest Entry)
    8 P3, physical keypad (Alarm Panel Closet)
    18 P1, virtual KB for AD2USB

Looking at the messages and destination keypad address of the dumps, it appears that the panel is correctly reporting partition status (and sending it to the appropriate keypads). But all the input data seems to be ignored, so I suspect I've made some novice error here. I haven't been able to find an obvious match in the forum, so thanks in advance for your help!

Current Date/Time: 11/26/2017 4:30:06 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 4 Hours 42 Minutes 54 Seconds
    IP Address: 172.16.200.234
    Number of Devices: 588
    Number of Events: 113
    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    2.17.0.10: MCSSPRINKLERSP
    3.0.0.15: Vista Alarm
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
    Attached Files

if you have have multiple partitions, you will need a unique user id for each partition that only has access to that partition (ie doesn't have access to multiple partitions).

use these user ids in the partition setup within the plugin setup.

then retest
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks, Mark -

I had already set up IDs that way based on your documentation, but I checked them to be sure.
      The ID used for P1 has Master authority on P1 with Open/Close privileges but no Global Arm or Group Bypass. The IDs for P2 and P3 are the same for their respective partitions.
      I initially set up the "Master" ID to have open/close authority on all 3 partitions (again, no Global Arm or Group Bypass). That's how the first test was run.
      Just for the fun of it, I changed the Master ID to be the same as the P1 ID - doesn't seem to make any difference in the processing of packets from the decoder.

I think I'm seeing three things in the logs:
      (1) "Dumping bad message" seems to happen when the incoming message from the panel is "P1 disarmed hit * for Faults" (and only on P1)
      (2) "Ignoring Message" seems to happen for any partition status messages from P2 or P3 (like P2 Disarmed...) and for zone fault messages, possibly only those from P2/P3 although I'm not certain yet
      (3) I'm also getting messages like the ones below, which are presumably something valid but I haven't decoded them

Nov-26 6:34:02 PM Vista Alarm 0892053,00
      Nov-26 6:33:58 PM Vista Alarm 0892032,67

None of my HS3 devices are updating except for monitor status and last panel message.

In the console screen I'm seeing lots of valid keypad status messages flowing from all three partitions...

Best,

Comment

would you mind updating to the latest beta in the Beta section of the Updater. i think that will resolve #1 & #2 above

#3 is related to RF devices messages. don't worry about them just yet.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks, Mark!

I've installed the beta; I see minor changes in the output but it doesn't seem to have caused partition or zone statuses to get processed. Lot's of "dumping bad message" and "Ignoring Message" entries. Logs attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

not sure what is different with the messages generated by the 128p now. Never had this problem.

I posted 3.0.0.35 (in the Beta section) that includes some extra debug logging which I hope will help identify the problem.

please update and retest.

I just need a few of the additional error messages.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, I'm adding a little more diagnostic information.
              I've attached a Putty dump of a few minutes of output in case it might be helpful to look at what's coming from the panel v. what's in the HS3 log.

During this dump, P1 and P3 were disarmed, P2 was armed to "stay", so I'm not getting any P2 information other than the fact that it's armed.

Note that the 128p supports THREE stay modes. Zones that are bypassed in stay mode are defined as bypassed in either Stay1 or Stay2.
              Stay mode 1 might include all motion detectors, and Stay mode 2 might include windows, for example.
              In a system in which there a zones defined in both categories, a user who arms in "Stay" must then select stay mode 1, 2 or 3 (1 keypress).
              Stay 1 bypasses zones identified as "stay 1"
              Stay 2 bypasses zones identified as "stay 2", and
              Stay 3 bypasses BOTH stay1 and stay2 zones.
              I ONLY have stay1 zones defined, so I don't have to do the extra keypress. But the output says "Stay1", not "Stay".

I do notice that the P1 zones in fault ( 014/015/020) show up in the output much less often than the P3 zones (44/51). That may be because all of the faulted P3 zones are RF, and the faulted P1 zones are hardwired...
              Attached Files

Comment

Steve,
                the plugin attempts to process everything you see in the putty log.

the plugin just minimizes the duplicates and redundant messages in the hs log

lets worry about the various Modes once we get the plugin processing standard fault messages.

let me know what you get once you update to .35
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Will get back to you in a bit after updating to .35

Comment

Logs attached after putting in .35.
                    The logs now show a recurring issue with the keypad address mask:

"Vista Alarm Error calculating keypad address mask: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow"
                    Attached Files

Comment

I think I found the issue. Try .36 in the Beta section of the Updater and let me know
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Definite progress - the plugin knows that P3 is faulted and reports that fact to HS3, but doesn't show any P3 zones in fault (44 and 51 are in fault in P3 in the log)

It also correctly reports that Z14 is faulted (in P1), but shows P1's status as "unknown"

P2 is armed but it's not correctly reported in HS3.

Latest logs attached - Thanks!
                        Attached Files

Comment

the plugin thinks Z14 is on P3. do you have P1 set on the Vista Alarm tab on the hs device edit page. This is a config issue either in the plugin, or in the panel.

for P2, disarm it, then rearm, and see what you get.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I've carefully verified that Zone 14 is associated with P1 and that P1 is set properly on the panel and in the plugin.

I reviewed my AD2USB settings for possible errors; I had incorrectly enabled zone expander emulation for zones on physical expanders, so I fixed that.
                            My config bit mask in the AD2USB is FF04. Is that the right setting?

Because my 128 is quite new, I'm also wondering if the issue is actually in the rev level - that is, has anything changed in the keypad output syntax that might cause problems to either the AD2USB or the plugin? Just grasping at straws. In any event, my panel is product 087, CP1.3, rev -12

After restarting the AD2USB, I seem to be getting better tracking of zones, although most are still in "unknown" status.

But only one partition (P3) is being updated with status in the plugin; it's correctly shown as faulted; P1 and P2 have no status at all (P1 should be faulted, P2, should be armed/stay1)

I'm enclosing a few minutes of PuTTY dump and HS3 log. These obviously are from different time windows but the partition and zone statuses during the dumps should be essentially the same. During the dump period, ASCII messages properly show:

Status of P1/P2/P3 (Disarmed/Armed stay1/Disarmed, respectively)
                            The following zones are faulted:
                            014 (in P1 - that's how it shows up from a physical keypad, too)
                            042, 044, and 051(in P3)

Thanks,

s
                            Attached Files

Comment

can you remove the ad2usb bit mask? this isn't really necessary for my purposes and i'm wondering if it messing up something. the plugin read bytes 1 - 4 to determine the partition for the given message. i think the bit mask might be changing these bytes.

zones will generally remain unknown until they are faulted and returned to Normal. Since the panel doesn't send anything when the zone is Normal, the plugin doesn't have a way to set the status. the zones might get set to Normal if the partition is disarmed-ready and the plugin can determine this status.

if your 128 is generating message that are different than previous 128s this could be a problem. but i have no way of knowing. I dont have a 128 to compare.

lets continue with the configuration before we start analyzing the specific messages.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X