Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solved: Conversion from string """" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved: Conversion from string """" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

I've done a clean install of HS3 Pro and I'm trying out the JowiHue plugin but it bombs right off the bat.

I install the plugin, let it find the bridge, hit the button on the bridge and then it reports an error every time. My log is pasted below.

Any pointers would really be appreciated!!!

Aug-06 8:54:37 PM JowiHue Error: BuildContent: Conversion from string """" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
    Aug-06 8:54:13 PM JowiHue GetBridgeConfig:Error:GetBridgeConfig: Is bridge reachable? Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    Aug-06 8:54:13 PM JowiHue GetBridgeComplete: Conversion from string "Could not load file or assembly " to type 'Integer' is not valid.
    Aug-06 8:54:13 PM JowiHue GetBridgeConfig:Error:GetBridgeConfig: Is bridge reachable? Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    Aug-06 8:54:13 PM JowiHue Registering bridge was succesfull
    Aug-06 8:53:47 PM JowiHue BridgeFound error: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    Aug-06 8:53:47 PM JowiHue Found Philips Hue bridge at 192.168.0.17
    Aug-06 8:53:37 PM JowiHue MainWatchThread: No bridge found, plugin will scan until found
    Aug-06 8:51:37 PM JowiHue MainWatchThread: No bridge found, plugin will scan until found
    Aug-06 8:51:37 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in JowiHue
    Aug-06 8:51:37 PM JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
    Aug-06 8:51:37 PM JowiHue Creating table Reoverlight: 0
    Aug-06 8:51:37 PM JowiHue Upgrading database to version 2
    Last edited by w.vuyk; August 29, 2015, 03:41 PM.

Edentel,

I think you have a version of the "Newtonsoft.Json.dll" in the installation directory. It should not be there. Remove it to solve this issue. You might have to stop HS3 to remove it.
    After a restart the plugin should function normally.

Challenge could be that another plugin or script starts protesting, because it is expecting this file in the installation directory. Please notify the owner of that plugin that this file should be moved to its own directory?

Please let me know if this works?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I double checked and the Newtonsoft.Json.dll file only occurs in two places on the entire drive:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\Nest
      C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\JowiHue

I tried removed the Nest plugin, restarting, reinstalling the Hue plugin and after discovery it hit the same error

Comment

Edentel,

Sorry for the late response, I was out for a long weekend here.
        Somehow the plugin has a problem with the newtonsoft.json.dll file.
        Are you sure it is the same that came with the installer? it might be a good idea to remove and reinstall the plugin itself to make sure everything is installed correctly.
        Also check the HSPI_JowiHue.exe.config file, is it present?

I tried a new install here on a test environment, and the package installed fine. I have not been able to copy the situation yet here?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I just installed JowiHue for the first time and have the same error after registering bridge:
          error - Conversion from string """" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Comment

There seems to be an issue with the Newtonsoft.Json.dll with new installs and the latest HS3 version. I saw the same in another thread.

Are you willing to test an possible correction for me? Send me a PM with your mail address and I can send you a possible solution. If it works I will release it right away.

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

I think your right:
              GetBridgeConfig:Error:GetBridgeConfig: Is bridge reachable? Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Comment

With a lot of help from AgileHumor this issue is reolved.

a new version of Jowihue (1.6.0.4) will be published by Homeser next week, which will prevent the issue to occur.

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Thanks for all your time in solving this issue @w.vuyk!

Have a wonderful holiday.

Comment

Thanks!

for those with the same issue, there will be a new vesrion 1.0.6.4 published by HST, correcting some pointers to the dll. No other changes in it for now.

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Got the same problem with version 1.0.6.5

13-12-2015 21:43:10 ~!~JowiHue~!~Error Init MyBridgeScenes: De conversie van tekenreeks Object waarvoor null is toegesta naar type Integer is ongeldig

Comment

Michael,

This is a different issue, not involving the newtonsoft.json.dll.
                        I have found/solved this issue and it will be in the next release.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Same problem on a RaspberryPi 2B

Hi there,

I setup a RaspberryPi 2B with the HS3 software and this works fine. However, if using the CM15A plug-in and sending X10 commands I get the same error message in the log:
                          Error executing action: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
                          Any ideas how this is to solve on a RaspberryPi 2B?

Some info of my system:
                          Current Date/Time: 12/18/2015 2:06:23 PM
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.208
                          Linux version: Linux RPiZwave 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 55 Minutes 40 Seconds
                          IP Address: 192.168.2.82
                          Number of Devices: 29
                          Number of Events: 2

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          3.0.0.4: CM15A
                          3.0.0.66: HSTouch Server
                          3.0.1.25: Z-Wave
                          -------
                          Cor

Comment

Cor,

The issue as you look at it here was a dll used by the plugin that was also present in the path of the homeseer installation.
                            I think you should bring this issue to the owner of the CM15A plugin as he will know the dependencies. I am no help in that area as I am not the owner nor a user of this plugin.

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

thanks for the hint, I will do.

Gr. Cor

Comment

Working...
                              X