Alexa-HA Bridge controlling Concord 4 panel-is this possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa-HA Bridge controlling Concord 4 panel-is this possible

I was curious to know if it is possible to have Alexa via the HA Bridge control/interrogate the Concord 4 panel via the Concord 4 plugin.If so would you have an example of a typical API web call I could use. It would be useful to arm/disarm the panel and interrogate the status of each device.

I've got the HA Bridge running on a Raspberry Pi already controlling X10 lighting but I'd like to extend this to the control the Concord 4 panel.

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
    I was curious to know if it is possible to have Alexa via the HA Bridge control/interrogate the Concord 4 panel via the Concord 4 plugin.If so would you have an example of a typical API web call I could use. It would be useful to arm/disarm the panel and interrogate the status of each device.

I've got the HA Bridge running on a Raspberry Pi already controlling X10 lighting but I'd like to extend this to the control the Concord 4 panel.
    You can Arm/Disarm using the HS3 actions in an Event. Haven't used the HA bridge so not sure how that would interface with HS3 events. Using the baseline Alexa/HS3 interface, you would create a Virtual device that is linked to Alexa and have it trigger an event to do Arm/Disarm. I have one that's called "Security", so I just say "Turn Security On/Off".

Z

Comment

Do you have an example of that event you created.

Comment

Do you have an example of that event you created.
        This is just a simple example, just the trigger and the action. I don't actually arm the system, I use it more for monitoring access.
        You'll need to have created a virtual device named to what you want Alexa to respond to "Security" in this case.

Z
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that. What does your configuration look like for your virtual device.

Comment

This is an example of the API call I use to address x10 devices on my system via the HA Bridge

"http://xxxx:xxxxx@192.168.0.150/api/HomeAutomation.X10/B1/Control.On"

This will turn on my x10 device at B1.The xxxx are my log on credentials.What format of API would I use to address the Concord 4 panel via your plugin.
            Last edited by concordseer; March 23, 2017, 06:37 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

This is an example of the API call I use to address x10 devices on my system via the HA Bridge

"http://xxxx:xxxxx@192.168.0.150/api/HomeAutomation.X10/B1/Control.On"

This will turn on my x10 device at B1.The xxxx are my log on credentials.What format of API would I use to address the Concord 4 panel via your plugin.
              Not familiar with the HA command protocol, you'd have to ask the author. I'm assuming it just sends a CAPI command to the HS device.

For a virtual device, just click on the + sign on the device page. It will automatically create one for you. To find it look for location Unknown and fill in the details, there's nothing specific you need to enter except Device Name (what Alexa will look for) and making sure the Voice Cmd checkbox is checked. You'll need to tell Alexa to discover devices to find it.

Not sure how the HA bridge may differ on discovery or control .

Z
              Last edited by vasrc; March 24, 2017, 05:34 AM.

Comment

zzz thanks

Comment

Working...
                X