Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How have you done with your multi kinect setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How have you done with your multi kinect setup?

I mean are you using long *** usb cables all around the house or multiple computers?

Im looking at setting up one kinect in each room but struggling with a good solution.

Any tips tricks and ideas youd like to share ismjch appriciated

From what i can find people seem to use cheap win 8 - 10 tablets.
    Is the info then sent remotely or how does that bit work?

One alternative would be those "TV" boxes, think some of those run windows as well.

Comment

Yeah, tablets, mini PC like intel NUC, intel compute stick, basically anything that can run windows. Then you install the drivers and the plug-in on this windows machine, and you run the plug-in remotely.

USB extension cable can work too, but you need to be careful on what cable you buy, some don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        Yeah, tablets, mini PC like intel NUC, intel compute stick, basically anything that can run windows. Then you install the drivers and the plug-in on this windows machine, and you run the plug-in remotely.

USB extension cable can work too, but you need to be careful on what cable you buy, some don't work.
        Yeah i think its over 10m you need a active usb cable with its own power supply, at that point im pretty sure the data dont degrade over range.

Wonder if the compute stick would work if its just attached to a HDMI switch and powersupply since they are quite affordable.

Thinking something along these lines:
        http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Winte...MI-355423.html

Comment

Fro voice control, I'm using the microphone on the Kinect. however in a large room it doesn't pick up voices from the opposite end (unless you yell). How would I set up multiple kinects around the room in order to hear from all locations?

Comment

Originally posted by cgott42 View Post
            Fro voice control, I'm using the microphone on the Kinect. however in a large room it doesn't pick up voices from the opposite end (unless you yell). How would I set up multiple kinects around the room in order to hear from all locations?
            Depends on the rooms layout btw. Not sure how to "link" kinects, but i assume it would work the same way but running the 2 kinects through 2 usb controllers on one PC? and one instance for the plugin on those 2? Just making assumptions atm.

I mounted mine in the roof above the sofa where we sit because of that

Comment

I know this thread is pretty old at this point, but would it be possible to run the kinect with a rpi3 running the Windows 10 IoT Core?

Comment

Originally posted by wljohnson05 View Post
                I know this thread is pretty old at this point, but would it be possible to run the kinect with a rpi3 running the Windows 10 IoT Core?
                I don't think this is possible. The Kinect drivers are not compatible with Windows IoT.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  I don't think this is possible. The Kinect drivers are not compatible with Windows IoT.
                  Are there any smaller options at this point that can hook into your plugin? Trying to find something smaller that can be a little more hidden when around the house. I use two kinects, and they work fine for where they are (my office and the living room), but places like bathrooms or even my bedroom, it's hard to get a kinect setup where it wouldn't look out of place. Ideally, I could have a Pi and a mic of some sort hook into your plugin, and it would make everything just perfect.

Comment

Working...
                  X