No announcement yet.

mcsMusic Feature Requests and Problem Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plugin does not depend upon the ID3 information being encoded in the file. You will find that WMP does use this encoding to get information about the song. The primary source of context is the file structure for the library. It is in a Artist\Album\Song tree structure. Based upon this structure the Reconcile button will populate a database. The database is the source of information for screen display, playlist builds, and other management operations.

The library tab has a text box and button to add a collection of files into the proper Artist\Album\Track structure based upon reading the ID3 information of mp3 files. It will copy the files into the structure and add them to the database. Of course it only works with mp3 files.

If wma files are located in the proper tree structure then I should be able to use them as part of the library. As it is now they will be ignored. Since I have not tried to do this I cannot make any promises.

Comment

mcsMusic V1.7.0 has been posted and is contained in 3 zip files. The first two are at the top of the thread. The third is the document updates that describe the flat file structure support. It is in a separate thread.

I lost my admin privledges with the new board so I could not organize as I would have desired.

Comment

db server feature request

Mike -

I noticed that you have an opton to use mySQL as the database in mcsTemp . . . any chance of getting that option in mcsMusic ? ? ?

Pete C

Comment

Since I'm moving all my databases to SQL I will likely happen for mcsMusic. 90% is the same between SQL and Access. It is just that last 10% that can be prolemsome. I use MS SQL Server and I know that the way I ended up renaming tables and fields in SQL was with stored procedures that come with MS SQL Server. I do not know if I will need do any of that in mcsMusic, but it is one area that I believe is different between MS SQL and mySQL.

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get the complete package of the MCSMusic plugin. The files listed at the top only contain the ocx file and the second file is empty.
            Thanks,

T.

Comment

I'll send it back to Rick to be put on the updater as a free plugin. I believe I updated it for the build 1938 HS2, but have not maintained it since then.

Comment

Looking through the "touchscreen_links.html", I see mcsMusic. I don't, however, see a reference to it in the updater.

What's its current status?

Thanks,
                Chris

Comment

mcsMusic should be in the HS1 updater. I had it in the HS2 one for awhile, but as HS2 evolved the plugin interface changed and I got tired of investigating what broke and just removed it. I have provided the source should anyone wish to play with it.

Comment

Ok, not a problem, I was more curious than anything else. I'm under the distinct impression that HS itself is a bit of a moving target, with the APIs changing quite frequently...

Chris

Comment

mcsMusic

Is mcsMusic still available and does it still support CDJ? I have a very complete CDJ library with over 16,000 tracks, keyworded and have lost track2file functionality since moving from 1.7 to 2.x. Thanks!

Comment

mcsMusic did work with the initial HS2 versions, but last time I tried with one of the HS2.0 versions I did not have success. What is the problem with T2F under HS2? I did some work on T2F to fix some problems I had with it so I may be able to help you there if you can tell what broke between HS2 and T2F.

Comment

T2F problem under HS2

After upgrading to HS2 any time I click on T2F it tries to load HS1.7. How do I get T2F to recognize that HS2 is running? Thanks! -Tim

Comment

I've attached a fresh compile of the source that I was working from. See if it works for you and see if it attaches propertly to HS2.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X