BLSpeech and BLRussound Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLSpeech and BLRussound Issue

I've installed both plugins and have them working (somewhat)

I have 2 Russound CAM6.6's without audio paging function, so i'm using source 5 for homeseer to speak through the Russound zones (total 10 active zones). I want it to work like a true paging function, and turn on all zones, change to source 5, increase the volume - play the sound/voice then turn back off. If the russound zone was already on using a different source/volume, then that zone would come back on after the announcement with the original settings.

From playing around with these 2 plugins, it appears the functionality is there, and i've enabled it - however it seems to be hit or miss if it works correctly. Sometimes the sound doesn't increase to the zones as specified before the audio plays, sometimes all of the zones don't come on in time, sometimes they don't all go back off, sometimes the zone that was on before the announcement doesn't change back to the original source.

I'm thinking its due to the timing of the commands going to all 10 zones - but i have no idea how to adjust it. I've played with the delay ms settings in the BLspeech zone/speaker setups, but it doesn't appear to help.

Any suggestions from someone who has this setup and working correctly?

Derek,

It can be a little tricky. First make sure you setup all your speakers in Speech. Speaker in Speech is a zone in Russound. Then group your speakers into zones in Speech. I have a zone for 1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor, whole house, outside, inside. I have 2 CAM6.6 linked for 12 zones.

Next in your event to speak, make sure you use the {} and the tags inside to set the speaker/zone, volume and source. I have the default source set in speech, but still pass it. As an example, I have an announcement when the back door opens and it only plays in the speaker kitchen.

{priority=normal,speaker=Kitchen,volume=50} $$GLOBALVAR:stimegreet:. It is currently $$time and $$GLOBALVAR:wxmltemp_1: degrees.

I do not select the speaker list within the event. I use the {}. The event is set to SPEAKEFAULT

for an event to speak to the whole house that contains multiple Russound zones and having a zone setup in Speech, it looks like this:

{priority=high,speaker=WholeHouse,volume=50} The outside utility room door has opened.

in both cases in my event, I have checked "wait for speaking to finish"

In BLSpeech I have the options set for Russound Integration and Return to Original State after speaking. I also have a delay of 500 milliseconds for Event or Script to execute after HS is done speaking.

Under Special Process Tag Options, I have nothing set except for the Default Source Number to use for all speech (mine is source 3). I still call it out in the {} since I have found it is inconsistent if I only use one or the other but seems to work every time when I use both places.

There are rare times when the music is on, a speech happens and it switches back to music before it re-adjusts the volume to what it was before the speech.

Hope this helps,

Michael
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
      Derek,

It can be a little tricky. First make sure you setup all your speakers in Speech. Speaker in Speech is a zone in Russound. Then group your speakers into zones in Speech. I have a zone for 1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor, whole house, outside, inside. I have 2 CAM6.6 linked for 12 zones.

Next in your event to speak, make sure you use the {} and the tags inside to set the speaker/zone, volume and source. I have the default source set in speech, but still pass it. As an example, I have an announcement when the back door opens and it only plays in the speaker kitchen.

{priority=normal,speaker=Kitchen,volume=50} $$GLOBALVAR:stimegreet:. It is currently $$time and $$GLOBALVAR:wxmltemp_1: degrees.

I do not select the speaker list within the event. I use the {}. The event is set to SPEAKEFAULT

for an event to speak to the whole house that contains multiple Russound zones and having a zone setup in Speech, it looks like this:

{priority=high,speaker=WholeHouse,volume=50} The outside utility room door has opened.

in both cases in my event, I have checked "wait for speaking to finish"

In BLSpeech I have the options set for Russound Integration and Return to Original State after speaking. I also have a delay of 500 milliseconds for Event or Script to execute after HS is done speaking.

Under Special Process Tag Options, I have nothing set except for the Default Source Number to use for all speech (mine is source 3). I still call it out in the {} since I have found it is inconsistent if I only use one or the other but seems to work every time when I use both places.

There are rare times when the music is on, a speech happens and it switches back to music before it re-adjusts the volume to what it was before the speech.

Hope this helps,

Michael
      Thanks Michael,

I have the plugin setup as you indicated. Speakers and zones, as well as the default options. my speech text is: {priority=normal,zone=AllZones,volume=60,source=5,sound=Door bell}Someone is at the door!

however it seems that the volume doesn't increase in time or it doesn't swap back to the source it was playing.

I assume your 500ms is on the zone and not on each speaker?

i've even rebooted the HS3 server to see if something was being flaky...the only other thing i can think of is i'm using a USB/Serial adapter to connect to the Russound on COM6...

Comment

My Speech Options. I have not used the sounds tag. I would try to remove it and see if you can get the speech part to work correctly and then add it back in... It could be the doorbell sound in combo with the speech is causing issues.

Attached Files
        Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
        BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

here is my event

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Derek View Post
            my speech text is: {priority=normal,zone=AllZones,volume=60,source=5,sound=Door bell}Someone is at the door!
            Took me a few minutes to notice, but I believe your tag is wrong. I do not use the tag zone=. it is always speaker= but you put in the zone name.

This to me would make sense why your volume is not working. I found any tag after a bad tag is ignored.

Maybe others have use a tag called zone but I did not think there was one.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
              Took me a few minutes to notice, but I believe your tag is wrong. I do not use the tag zone=. it is always speaker= but you put in the zone name.

This to me would make sense why your volume is not working. I found any tag after a bad tag is ignored.

Maybe others have use a tag called zone but I did not think there was one.

Michael
              perhaps that was just my assumption based upon the description....
              "speaker This is a speaker or zone name that will be switched on before speaking the message. You must enter a valid speaker or zone name or the tag will be ignored. You can also specify the speaker or zone to be turned off after speaking is done (eg: {speaker=MyRoom|off}. "

the zones are going back to what they were set at before the announcement, but the volume is still not increasing prior to the announcement. If i watch the zone in device manager, the volume increases after the speech then changes back to the original source/level. So still having the volume issue. I've tried it in the tag, and in default options, and using both - still no luck

Comment

BLRussound & BLSpeech

"Reposting for S-F"

I'm trying to accomplish having homeseer make announcements through the in house Russound system and return the Russound zones back to their previous states when the announcement is completed.

The issue i continue to have is that often the russound zones aren't getting the config settings quick enough. Sometimes the volume doesn't increase in all the zones before the announcement, sometimes the zones don't power back off, sometimes the zones don't change back to the original source and volume, and sometimes the zones don't come on/change to the correct source prior to an announcement.

To me it seems to be a timing issue with the russound receiving commands from Homeseer.

Configuration: I'm running a Hometroller S6 appliance with HS3 Pro. I'm using CAM6.6's with 6 sources, and a total of 10 zones (6+4 with 2 unused on second CAM6) and they are connected via COM1 (built in port) with a DB9/DB9 cable to unit 1, then RNET CAT 5 connections to unit 2 and Tuner 2.

I've verified the port is set to Homeseer, and verified that the "Russound Zones Return to Original State After Speaking" is checked.

I've verified the Russound programming, power cycled the units, verified the setup in your plugins, rebooted Homeseer and i'm at an absolute loss to resolve this.

I have configured the system based on feedback received from my post in the forum in an attempt to resolve the issues, but that didn't seem to resolve it either.

I've tried different delay (ms) settings with both the speaker and zone config in BLSpeech, but it doesn't seem to make a difference (assuming thats what these are for) and all this seems to do is delay the announcement longer.

I've attached a link to a dropbox folder that contains screen shots of all of the setup screens for both plugins.

Dropbox

It may be helpful to mention if i create an event to turn on all zones to a specific source, that often the zones come on, but don't change sources...so not sure the issue lies with BLspeech, but i could be wrong.

I would include the logs, but not sure that would help since its actually announcing...but with the problems described above.

I'm hoping that you may be able to assist me to get this working correctly.

Thanks in advance
                Last edited by Derek; June 7, 2017, 07:49 PM. Reason: Add link

Comment

First thing: Let us from here on out consider the word " Zone" to be a BLSpeech term. NOT a Russound term.

Have you created a zone for all of the BLRRussound stuff you want to be spoken? If you make tons of BLSPeech calls BLRussound can get swamped.
                  Originally posted by rprade
                  There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                    First thing: Let us from here on out consider the word " Zone" to be a BLSpeech term. NOT a Russound term.

Have you created a zone for all of the BLRRussound stuff you want to be spoken? If you make tons of BLSPeech calls BLRussound can get swamped.

Yes, See the zones screen in the Dropbox folder. I have created zones that contain the speakers per the instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Derek,

I suggest you start little... 1 speaker not a zone until it does it correctly a few times in a row. Then move up.

I looked over your setup on DropBox. For Russound Options, uncheck

Use Plug-In Source Names For Zone Keypad Displays

This causes issues and, for me, kept leaving the keypad on.

If you get 1 speaker working, then create a zone that contains speakers from just controller #1... Like Maybe Master and let the zone control Master Bath and Master Bed. Then in your special tag put speaker=Master Get that working. Then try using your Downstairs Zones by speaker=Downstairs Zones, and make sure that is working several times in a row.

Next go to your Outdoor zone since it crosses controllers and see if that works.

I think you are correct in that it is a timing issue with so many speakers across 2 controllers. Russound cannot turn them all on, set the volume to all of them and set the source.

The other thing I noticed is that in BLSpeech options for special tags, you have a default zone and volume. I removed this and just use the special tags because I ran into problems with it, and could not figure out if it was working correctly.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                      X