Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set unlock codes on Kwikset 916 door lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set unlock codes on Kwikset 916 door lock?

The installation sheet that comes with the Kwikset 916 states that the best way to set user unlock codes is through the z-wave controller, but gives no further information.

I have installed a 916 and successfully set up several unlock codes manually.

I have included it into z-wave and it works fine with HomeSeer.

I would like to set user unlock codes in HomeSeer. Has anyone done this?

Click on the root device of your lock, click on z-wave tab, click under settings, select a spot/line you want to add a code to or delete. Next enter your code and click add.

Comment

That didn't work when I tried it. Seems likely I need to use certain slots and/or enter the unlock code differently (i.e., with a leading character as a flag etc). More trial and error on the way...

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
        Click on the root device of your lock, click on z-wave tab, click under settings, select a spot/line you want to add a code to or delete. Next enter your code and click add.
        +1

Now, having said that, I originally added two unlock codes (one each for my wife and me) manually by following the Kwikset instructions.

I have since added 3 more codes via z-wave settings. In the attached screenshot, you'll see code 6 as blank meaning I could add another code.
        Attached Files
        Michael

Comment

In hope of getting someone knowledgeable from this old thread, I'm struggling to add codes to Kwikset 914, connected to Hometroller Pi (HS4) and using the 192.168.xxx web interface. No "lock management" features, nor any place to input user codes (even on the z-wave settings for the lock). Any ideas?

EDIT: I think I figured it out: I enabled "show legacy z-wave menu" and "show legacy z-wave config page", and suddenly saw a bunch of lock management options including user code programming. Wonder why that was disabled in Pi G2, and if the intention was to do it another way??

Comment

Working...
          X