Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Echo or google home - can homeseer do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo or google home - can homeseer do this?

Is there a way yet to send speach out to a particular Amazon echo unit in your home and her the unit talk?

with that and the already available ability to launch scripts from the echo, i can see that being a super quick and effective whole house speaker / mic system for HS with its own built in intelligence as well
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
    Is there a way yet to send speach out to a particular Amazon echo unit in your home and her the unit talk?

with that and the already available ability to launch scripts from the echo, i can see that being a super quick and effective whole house speaker / mic system for HS with its own built in intelligence as well
    You can do this with sonos (New sonos one has echo built in along with sonos speaker. But you can not currently do this with google home or echo alone.

http://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/one.html

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
      You can do this with sonos (New sonos one has echo built in along with sonos speaker. But you can not currently do this with google home or echo alone.

http://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/one.html
      You can do it with Google Home using the Chromecast plugin: https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1545

The Chromecast plugin also lets you monitor what media is currently playing on your google Home and control playback (play, pause, stop, previous, next) as well as volume level.

Comment

Homeseer 3 Text to speech can be done:

1 - Homeseer Microsoft SAPI client (different voice fonts in different languages)
        2 - Speech proxy 3rd party plugins - these all utilize a wave file generated by Homeseer Speech generator (Windows SAPI client).
        3 - cloud based products (Amazon Echo - Google Home)

Voice recognition can be done via:

1 - Homeseer Microsoft SAPI VR
        2 - Homeseer 3rd party Kinect plugin which combines VR and motion input.
        3 - cloud based VR boxes like the Amazon Echo and Google product.
        Last edited by Pete; October 21, 2017, 08:44 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Homeseer 3 Text to speech can be done:

3 - cloud based products (Amazon Echo - Google Home)
          How is it done with the Echo? I've searched these forums but not found anything on it.

Comment

Originally posted by MFULLER View Post
            How is it done with the Echo? I've searched these forums but not found anything on it.
            +1 on this question
            Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Originally posted by MFULLER View Post
              The Echo is, among other things, a bluetooth speaker. If you are running HS3 on a PC with a bluetooth adaptor and your Echo is in range of that, you can connect the two that way for speaking messages.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                The Echo is, among other things, a bluetooth speaker. If you are running HS3 on a PC with a bluetooth adaptor and your Echo is in range of that, you can connect the two that way for speaking messages.
                Understood. Unfortunately all mine are echo dots that dont have that ability. Besides, that only works on a one to one basis.
                Pete seemed to suggest it's possible to push TTS to them and that sounds like a good work around.

Comment

Working...
                X