This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoon View Post
    I have copied the hsrealtime.exe to my HS server but when i start it i get the following error:
    This app is using the default/default login to HomeSeer so if you changed your default logins password it will not connect.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Is there anyway to specify a new user and password ?

Also select maybe by device code or by group what gets displayed ?

StevenE
      Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

StevenE,

I believe this app was only created to show how easily something like this could be done. The source code is included and it would be rather trivial to modify it to use alternate credentials. But I doubt that was ever Rich's intention. I'm not sure what your comfort level is with programming, MS was giving away VB .Net Express edition, which should be enough to modify this example. If you interested in giving it a try google VB .Net Express edition.

Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Many have asked for the ability to monitor HS devices in real time, rather then rely on a refresh of the web pages. Here is a sample vb.net application that lists all your devices and updates their status in real time. Feel free to modify it as you like!

This sample shows you how to do the following:

* Connect to a running instance of HS2 over the network using the host name, username, and password

* Get device status by registering for a device status change callback

* Handle callbacks from HS

HS 2.2.0.11 or later is required.
          I swear I've tried similar code and could not get it to work. Probably on version prior to 2.2.0.11. Thanks for the example. Q: I assume the HsClass.vb is extraneous and not needed?

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

I have to agree. I've tried this in the past at least a couple of different ways, including this method and it didn't work.

Something must have changed, somewhere ...

Comment

Got this to work on local HS server but not on other machines on lan.

Two lines initiating communication are:

hsapp.SetHost("localhost")
              Dim rval As String = hsapp.Connect("default", "default")

I am pretty sure I can use an IP address in SetHost... my HS Server is \\homeseer and it's ip address is 192.168.x.x . I am assuming that I could use either of these using the quotes. Is that correct?

Can I create a new user in the web user window of HomeSeer setup and use this user with password in the hsapp.Connect line?

If not, what would be the correct user? I log onto homeseer without a request for a name of password.

Thanks...
              Last edited by donstephens; January 19, 2008, 06:25 PM.
              Don

Comment

try something like: hsapp.SetHost("192.168.1.15")

tenholde
                tenholde

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to help...

I am using the SetHost string as you suggested. Still no luck.

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                  try something like: hsapp.SetHost("192.168.1.15")

tenholde
                  I think I'm stuck at the user and password, although, it appears that the speaker application uses the same 'default','default' user/password.
                  Too bad the error string is so uninformative.

Dim rval As String = hsapp.Connect("default", "default")
                  Don

Comment

With the Script Connector plugin, there are several c# and vb samples of realtime interfaces.

One of them shows a small transparent window on your desktop, with realtime light status. You can click the small light icon to switch on/off the light, or click the light name to show a slider that allows you to change the dim level.

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=21
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

I have been successful in using Visual studio 2008 and have gotten AJAX up and running with Homeseer.. I posted about it a couple months ago in the web forum and there didnt seem to be much interest so I didnt pursue it any further.. but if you want to stay web based I think AJAX is the way to go.
                      -Christopher
                      PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Are your pages running under the Homeseer web server, or under a different IIS server connecting to HS?

tenholde
                        tenholde

Comment

Not being a web programer, I speak purely from an amature standpoint.
                          I'm familiar with many web sites, some of which I use regularly which are able to update tables of data in real time, so it IS possible without a page refresh. It really seems HST has fallen down on this one, especially when users previously famialiar with HS 1.7 were accustomed to having data update properly.

I'm just in the process of getting a weather station up and running. No point in sampling data every few seconds when the screen only refreshes at intervals of 90 seconds, which I've found to be about the maximum useful rate.
                          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

It can be done using AJAX, I don't think HST had decided on using any AJAX when the were building HS2, probably because there were so many different packages and all of them were still pretty new and beta. They do use one know for the iTunes and Media Center plugins. I've played a little bit with the same package they are using, since the Microsoft Ajax extensions won't work with the HS webserver.

The only thing I've done that was useful was to display the log file and have it update at a selected rate without doing a full page refresh. I think seeing the devices and their status would be nice too, but it's a lot of work to get to that point.

Joe
                            Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Just in case anyone needs it --- I needed a quick and dirty way to see pretty much instantly when a device changed (to test my plug-ins). I had taken RJH's little VB app and tweaked it a bit for my use.

It looks pretty much like the original except that it:

1) Has a connect settings dialog so I don't have to rebuild it to connect to different machines.

2) It builds a device list initially and then only updates what it needs to, keeping the whole thing from having to be refreshed all the time.

3) It highlights each device that changed in red (and uses more visible colors overall)

4) It displays the "Last Change" time for all the devices

5) It displays the location as well as name and sorts by location.

I've attached the binary if anyone wants it. It is just a tool for me but if someone has any good suggestions I'll consider them. PS: Still no control or anything - just an instant state viewer.

I might turn it into an old HomeSeer 1 style interface at some point.

Jon

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
                              It can be done using AJAX, I don't think HST had decided on using any AJAX when the were building HS2, probably because there were so many different packages and all of them were still pretty new and beta. They do use one know for the iTunes and Media Center plugins. I've played a little bit with the same package they are using, since the Microsoft Ajax extensions won't work with the HS webserver.

The only thing I've done that was useful was to display the log file and have it update at a selected rate without doing a full page refresh. I think seeing the devices and their status would be nice too, but it's a lot of work to get to that point.

Joe
                              Attached Files
                              Jon Ort
                              JonOrt@The--Orts.com
                              (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Missing module error attached. Do I need a different version of Homeseer? I have speaker installed: 2.2.0.66
                                tenholde

Comment

Working...
                                X