How to add Z-Wave wall-mounted transmitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add Z-Wave wall-mounted transmitter

I like to add some wall mounted transmitters from Duwi to Homeseer.
    for controlling events

Homeseer is not seeing this device.

http://www.duewi.de/index.php?productid=37276

Chak,

I could not find any manuals at their site in English, so I cannot determine what kinds of classes that the device supports. There is no reason, however, if the device is a Z-Wave device with the same operating frequency as your interface, that it does not appear in HomeSeer. You should be able to follow the instructions with the device to get it at least added to the network, even if it is not awake long enough for HomeSeer to get much information from it.

So, I cannot proceed unless I know more about what you mean when you say it does not appear in HomeSeer. Did it add to the network? What happened/showed in the log when you tried to add it to the network?
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick,
      manual is in German.
      Device will associate with other zwave device not wit homeseer.
      Reseller here in Holland is willing to send a sample if your interested.

http://www.duewi.de/download.php?bid=5860&lid=4

Comment

I did download the manual, but unfortunately, Ich spreche nicht oder Deutsch lesen.

So yes, if they can translate the parts of the manual dealing with the technical aspects of the device as well as how to put it into learning mode (to add it to the network) and how to reset it, then that would be great.

I would be happy to try to figure out how to get this working by taking a sample unit. Give them my email address and I will send them an address.

What I suspect is happening is the same as the LS Controls devices that I have been working with recently. They are battery devices, but do not stay awake long enough after being added to the network for HomeSeer to get information from them. What you can probably do to get them working is to constantly press the button on the transmitter after you press whatever sequence is necessary to put it into learning mode. The constant pressing will keep it awake so that HomeSeer can query it. When you want to set up an association with HomeSeer or any other device, click on the "Associations" button and then again start pressing the button rapidly. Configure the association you want, then immediately after clicking the Submit button, start pressing the button rapidly again. If any of that works, then that is the problem - the device needs to have a way to be kept awake for a period of time for setting configuration options and associations. The manufacturers are always concerned about battery life so they keep the radio on as little as possible, but we need to have a way to force it awake even if it is only for a minute.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Manual here

You can find the english manual here:

http://www.ezhome.nl/downloads/popp/761231_in_en.pdf

Comment

You can download the manual here:

http://www.ezhome.nl/downloads/popp/761231_in_en.pdf

Comment

Got it included in HS

Well after a lot off trial and errors I have made some progress, I have it included and also managed to associate it with a module. There's only one 'small' problem.................... I don not know any more how I did it

Maybe Rick can do something with the screenshots to help us further.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by william.abbo; August 14, 2009, 01:48 PM. Reason: add.info

Comment

Rick
                English docu is online at the same location.

Comment

This is how I did it.

First I did a 'replicate send' from HS to the wall-switch ( page 35 Popp manual). This will add a generic controller in HS.

Then I added the node to be switched/dimmed to the wall-switch: pressed the up button 3 times on the switch and then 3 times on the node. Ofcourse the node was already programmed in HS.

Running version 2.3.0.19

Comment

also with HomeSeer, then you start having to solve the complexity. You may, as an example, also want to switch the plug in after a trigger, that is, you want to integrate your plug in module in your Zwave network AND control it with the battery operated wall button. You have no intention to control the button as it is battery operated and typically not active unless pressed, but the controlled plug in module yes, that is powered by the AC line and it is ZWave, therefore you should be able to operate it from HomeSeer. The solution proposed here recommends to use Replicate Send or, may be, Transfer Primary. This make sense as you are not adding a node, but a basic static controller. The problem is that a button is a very simple control and one would like to have it at least as secondary control and would like to avoid charging it with many devices information (just the lamp we want to control). I have tested the recommended solution with no success. As this type of device is very general and useful, it would be very important to see this thread in the category resolved. I offer to test various suggestions and document in detail the steps required for the set up. Any suggestion to start? Please note that only the Send receive from HS on the button shows some impact, but it transform the PC Stick into secondary and is not able to control anymore the plug in switch.

Comment

Is there any progress on integrating this kind of switch into HS ?
                      I'm just starting with ZWave and fearing already that this technology is not as mature as I thought.
                      I wanted to use this switch as a simple remote control to trigger a homeseer event or to control another switch directly, but having HS know about the status change.
                      As far as I understood, it's seems easy to have the switch commanding an actuator, after all it is the basic use of ZWave.
                      What I want to know, is if in this particular case, Homeseer receive a status change I can use to trigger an event ? I mean, immediately contrary to use polling to see if the actuators have been switched on/off.
                      In the same vein, can I associate HS and HS only to the switch to be able to trigger something not related to any other Zwave module ?

Yves.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Gyver View Post
                        Is there any progress on integrating this kind of switch into HS ?
                        I'm just starting with ZWave and fearing already that this technology is not as mature as I thought.
                        I wanted to use this switch as a simple remote control to trigger a homeseer event or to control another switch directly, but having HS know about the status change.
                        As far as I understood, it's seems easy to have the switch commanding an actuator, after all it is the basic use of ZWave.
                        What I want to know, is if in this particular case, Homeseer receive a status change I can use to trigger an event ? I mean, immediately contrary to use polling to see if the actuators have been switched on/off.
                        In the same vein, can I associate HS and HS only to the switch to be able to trigger something not related to any other Zwave module ?

Yves.
                        Do these switches support instant staus? If so then HomeSeer can receive an instant status change.

Comment

Integrating HS and Duewi

It works, I managed after many disfficulties because the Duewi apparatus was faulty (it didn't reset properly). I order another Duewi and everything worked fine. Here is the detailed procedure:

I amd not sure about your questions, but this is what the device will do: 1) The switch will control a lamp switching it on and off by pressing the button switch. 2) Also Homeseer will be able to switch on and off the Lamp clicking on the appropriate SW button provided by Homeseer on the PC. However when you will switch with the Duewi you will turn off the lamp but not communicate it to HomeSeer. Therefore HomeSeer will still think the lamp is off when in reality you turned it on with the Duewi, or think it is on when you actually turned it off with the Duewi. This is not catastrophic for many applications you need to turn a lamp on (or leave it on if already on) and therefore a command of this type will not be harmful (at the worse it will keep on a lamp which is already on). Possibly HS is capable of to retrieve the status of the lamp when requested (even if it doesn't get triggered at the precise moment of the lamp switch, but it has to ask). I didn't play with this feature yet so I didn't prove the feasibility. Regarding the maturity of Z-Wave, from what I can see, there are still some integration hurdles between different devices, but in general Z-Wave is mature enough to allow complex systems to work. Compared to X10 it is much more powerful, compared to ZigBee it is much more mature and available.
                          Last edited by ; March 7, 2010, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Since there is no scene control in this unit you will be not able to control events. Onlt the connected device will be controlled dirctlay.
                            For the status of the connected device just poll the device every few seconds.

Just the battery status will be displayed in Homeseer

Comment

Originally posted by Chak View Post
                              Since there is no scene control in this unit you will be not able to control events. Onlt the connected device will be controlled dirctlay.
                              For the status of the connected device just poll the device every few seconds.

Just the battery status will be displayed in Homeseer

Comment

Working...
                              X