help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please

I got a GSM modem off ebay. I believe it is one you suggested. I searched the chip set.

it says not connected. Not sure how to troubleshoot this. Not much info

Are you selecting the com port that the modem is connected to?

Can you post some log entries that shows what errors are being generated please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
      Are you selecting the com port that the modem is connected to?

Can you post some log entries that shows what errors are being generated please?

2016-03-01 22:16:52 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in SMS-Gateway
      2016-03-01 22:16:52 SMS-Gateway Debug Connectecting on COM2 with Baud 9600 | DataBits Eight | Parity None | StopBits One
      2016-03-01 22:16:52 SMS-Gateway Debug InitSMS() called
      2016-03-01 22:16:52 SMS-Gateway Debug Found existng Signal device with address: SMS-Signal
      2016-03-01 22:16:51 SMS-Gateway Debug Found existng Sender device with address: SMS-Sender
      2016-03-01 22:16:51 SMS-Gateway Debug Found existng Message device with address: SMS-Message
      2016-03-01 22:16:51 SMS-Gateway Debug Found existng Date device with address: SMS-Date
      2016-03-01 22:16:51 SMS-Gateway Debug NLog v4.0.0.0
      2016-03-01 22:16:51 SMS-Gateway Debug Toolkit.Core v1.8.1.0
      2016-03-01 22:16:51 SMS-Gateway Initialising SMS-Gateway v3.3.3.32005 on COM2
      2016-03-01 22:16:51 SMS-Gateway Debug OS is windows and port is COM2
      2016-03-01 22:16:51 Info Plugin SMS-Gateway has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:50886
      2016-03-01 22:16:50 Plug-In Interface SMS-Gateway is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
      2016-03-01 22:16:42 Info Plugin SMS-Gateway with instance: has disconnected

Comment

I don't see any errors. Have you tried to send an SMS to your device? Or tried one of the events in HS3 to send an outbound SMS?

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

I don't see any errors. Have you tried to send an SMS to your device? Or tried one of the events in HS3 to send an outbound SMS?

GSM Modem Wavecom Q2303A Wireless Module COM/RS232 AT Commands
          ATT sim

it shows no signal?

Comment

So the signal device is showing you have no signal? It's possible this modem does not support signal strength information.

Did you try to send/receive an SMS?

Comment

So the signal device is showing you have no signal? It's possible this modem does not support signal strength information.

Did you try to send/receive an SMS?

2016-03-01 23:33:46 SMS-Gateway Error Error sending SMS - not connected to modem/phone - restart Plugin or wait for reconnect attempt
              2016-03-01 23:33:46 SMS-Gateway Debug Send an SMS to 14693693602 saying testI created a manual event

Comment

In the logs folder there should be a file called HSPI_SMSGW_Modem.log that shows the detail of the interaction with your modem. Can you mail that to me Gavin<at>highpeak.co.za

Also, can you confirm communication with the modem on COM2 via a terminal emulator such as putty? Shutdown the plugin, run putty, connect to COM2 at 9600 baud and enter 'AT<enter>' you should get an 'OK' response.

Comment

In the logs folder there should be a file called HSPI_SMSGW_Modem.log that shows the detail of the interaction with your modem. Can you mail that to me Gavin<at>highpeak.co.za

Also, can you confirm communication with the modem on COM2 via a terminal emulator such as putty? Shutdown the plugin, run putty, connect to COM2 at 9600 baud and enter 'AT<enter>' you should get an 'OK' response.

sent email

Test response OK

Comment

Working...
                  X