This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual switching of Appliance Linc does not update device

I'm pretty sure I have seen a thread about this but can't find it.

I have an ApplianceLinc. It controls just fine with HS3 directly and via HSTouch app. I have discovered that if you switch it on or off manually (on the ApplianceLinc itself), the device status does not change.

Is there a way to make it reflect the manual change?

Some of the older devices like this don't broadcast status changes. I've seen this with lamplincs.

What are you seeing in the detailed log when you control manually
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Just did some testing. Device is a Smarthome ApplianceLinc V2 #2456S3 Rev 1.3. Device was recently bought as used on Ebay.

When I manually switch it ON and OFF with the SET button on the side, it does switch the outlet but nothing shows up in the HS3 log. Other switches (not ApplianceLincs) do show when manually controlled. Also, when manually controlled, the device status and timestamp never change.

While this is interesting, it really does not impact me. I have no intention of operating this manually. I just discovered it during testing.

Mark, I'm not asking for any further help. You telling me that you have seen some of them act this way based on age is good enough for me.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X