X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent Connectivity Errors with Ceiling Fans

Hi Everyone,

I am experiencing intermittent connectivity errors with two ceiling fan controllers. I have a phase bridge installed, so phases should not be an issue. We rarely change fan speed, but almost always when we want to, I have to reboot the insteon plug-in to re-establish connections with the fans, sometimes, a system reboot is required.

Clearly from the iinformation attached from the Plug-in interface, there are differences between how each controller installed and the error log records errors. I have no idea how to approach fixing this issue and the controllers are set up high and not easily reachable, so I would prefer a software approach if possible, unless a controller has gone bad.

Any ideas?

Steve
    Attached Files

Steve,
    the second fanlinc in the interface txt file has unnecessary links; the unreferenced group links can be deleted unless you created them with another software.

what kind of bulbs (if any) do you have in the fan?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried to delete Link #1 and Link #6 (the Bad Link Entry), but they will just not delete, assuming I approached this correctly: Manage Devices; Clicked Device; Edit Links; checked 1 & 6 'Delete Selected Links'.

Tried restarting the Insteon interface, restarting HomeSeer and rebooting the laptop (Won 10 Home 1703; CPU i3; 4GB RAM). Also tried deleting each link independent of the other. They will just not delete.

Had to reboot the system as connections to both fans were lost.

As for the lamps, both have 2 x Compact Fluorescent lamps installed, but the lamps are left off, as these are not part of our primary lighting system.

Steve

Comment

when the connection to the fans is lost, can you still control other devices? is there anything in the log regarding the disconnection?

as for the links, you would need to factory reset the device in order to get rid of them, if rereading the links from the plugin doesn't.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

I will give the factory reset a try, although the device is really difficult to access, so it may take a while.

I only have the two FanLinc devices as Insteon. Since they have been problematic since day 1, I have stuck with z-wave for all of my other smart devices.

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X