plugin in works on 1 device but not 2 others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plugin in works on 1 device but not 2 others

Ok, here's a good one -- the plugin (on the device) works for 1 of my devices, but not 2 others.

Details:
    I have my regular cellphone, my old phone (not on the cell system), an a ZenPad (which is on the cell system). I installed Tasker on them, and have profiles running. I installed the Tasker plugin on my HomeTroller Zee S2 and all of those devices. The plugin installation went smoothly, and finished 'successfully' on all. I connect thru MyHS.

To learn how to use the plugin to talk to my Zee, -- in Tasker, I set up a test task, and then run it directly (with the run triangle). It's just "%HSCommand => tasker"; 'tasker' is an event that flashes a light. This works fine on the ZenPad, it worked once on the old phone, and never worked on the regular phone. Yes, I checked the spelling.

MyHS works fine on all of these devices. I checked the log file; on the 2 that don't work, there are 6 entries. However, the one that works does not have a log directory. connection_method.dat is 'myhs' on 1 of the non-working and the working. I can't check the other non-working because of a default app issue that I can't figure out. The same with myhs_connection.dat

For the 2 'non-working' devices, the Zee has no log entries. So, apparently, the command is sent but not received.

I read (in one of the threads in the Tasker plugin forum) that time could be an issue (the time that the phone has). All of my phones are within 1 second of each other, and with NTP and HomeSeer.

So, how do I resolve this?

Originally posted by MichaelK View Post
    Ok, here's a good one -- the plugin (on the device) works for 1 of my devices, but not 2 others.

Details:
    I have my regular cellphone, my old phone (not on the cell system), an a ZenPad (which is on the cell system). I installed Tasker on them, and have profiles running. I installed the Tasker plugin on my HomeTroller Zee S2 and all of those devices. The plugin installation went smoothly, and finished 'successfully' on all. I connect thru MyHS.

To learn how to use the plugin to talk to my Zee, -- in Tasker, I set up a test task, and then run it directly (with the run triangle). It's just "%HSCommand => tasker"; 'tasker' is an event that flashes a light. This works fine on the ZenPad, it worked once on the old phone, and never worked on the regular phone. Yes, I checked the spelling.

MyHS works fine on all of these devices. I checked the log file; on the 2 that don't work, there are 6 entries. However, the one that works does not have a log directory. connection_method.dat is 'myhs' on 1 of the non-working and the working. I can't check the other non-working because of a default app issue that I can't figure out. The same with myhs_connection.dat

For the 2 'non-working' devices, the Zee has no log entries. So, apparently, the command is sent but not received.

I read (in one of the threads in the Tasker plugin forum) that time could be an issue (the time that the phone has). All of my phones are within 1 second of each other, and with NTP and HomeSeer.

So, how do I resolve this?
    Hello Michael, I wonder if it could be a connection issue if you are using the free myhs service? It only allow one connection at the time so if you have multiple connections by hstouch, tasker etc it will not work well. Myhs premium supports multiple connections.
    In the tasker variables, you can set DEBUG to 1 to enable toasts.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
      Hello Michael, I wonder if it could be a connection issue if you are using the free myhs service? It only allow one connection at the time so if you have multiple connections by hstouch, tasker etc it will not work well. Myhs premium supports multiple connections.
      In the tasker variables, you can set DEBUG to 1 to enable toasts.
      Reading your reply, I noticed that I sort of missed something. I stated "MyHS works fine on all of these devices."; I meant HSTouch.

So, HSTouch works fine on all of them, but Tasker/Tasker plugin doesn't?

Actually, I use HSTouch on 4 devices (but couldn't install Tasker plugin on 1 -- I think Tasker did not install fully).

I'll try DEBUG.

Comment

On 1 of the devices that did not work, I set HSTouch to use the LAN address of my Zee S2 (used server 2, and selected server 2 as the connection mode).

HSTouch works properly. I tried that test task, but the event still didn't run.

Comment

Yeah, after thinking about it, I realized that it's not HSTouch that I should be re-configuring. So, I re-ran Setup Connection on both of the devices that don't work. They still don't run that task. I did the same to the device that worked -- it's still good.

On the non-functioning devices, I get a green dot next to the task (the same as on the functioning device). I checked the logs again: on both of the non-functioning, I get 5 entries, including 'OK', 'exit OK'. But, on the functioning device, I get about 50 entries! There's a clue.

So, what should I look for in the log? Or, what else can I check?
          Last edited by MichaelK; March 22, 2017, 10:06 AM. Reason: My emoji was misinterpreted, so I removed it.

Comment

[QUOTE=MichaelK;1298809]Yeah, after thinking about it, I realized that it's not HSTouch that I should be re-configuring. So, I re-ran Setup Connection on both of the devices that don't work. They still don't run that task. I did the same to the device that worked -- it's still good.

On the non-functioning devices, I get a green dot next to the task (the same as on the functioning device). I checked the logs again: on both of the non-functioning, I get 5 entries, including 'OK', 'exit OK'. But, on the functioning device, I get about 50 entries! There's a clue.

Hi Michael, I'm am on a business trip but I need to breakdown the connection part and step true all step. I did the tasker task profile long time ago and I don't really remember if local wifi connection use myhs or not when selected.
            --
            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

If connection method is myhs service it will connect through myhs service even if local network is detected.

On the device that not connect, what feedback do you get if you run the task Setup Connection (Run Me) Fail to connect or success?
              Connectiontest is made directly to Homeseer, not to the plugin.
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

On the device that not connect, what feedback do you get if you run the task Setup Connection (Run Me) Fail to connect or success?
                Connectiontest is made directly to Homeseer, not to the plugin.
                As I stated in the first post -- 'success'. And, when I re-configured to use my LAN, also 'success'.

The only difference seems to be that, on the functioning device, the task creates 10 times as many log entries (50 compared to 5).

Comment

If connection method is myhs service it will connect through myhs service even if local network is detected.
                  Hi Tonlof, I've just seen this post of yours which has answered a question I had, and I think the problems I had last week in my other thread were to do with myHS. I was expecting Tasker to connect directly over wifi if local was detected using the SSID and myHS was set as the connection method. This to me would be the most reliable method while at home, and would then switch to using myHS when out of range of wifi. Could I make this suggestion for the next update?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by robyo View Post
                    Hi Tonlof, I've just seen this post of yours which has answered a question I had, and I think the problems I had last week in my other thread were to do with myHS. I was expecting Tasker to connect directly over wifi if local was detected using the SSID and myHS was set as the connection method. This to me would be the most reliable method while at home, and would then switch to using myHS when out of range of wifi. Could I make this suggestion for the next update?

Thanks.
                    Great, I will look into that.
                    --
                    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Working...
                    X