Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Error 8021 (Internal error retrieving device control block for the port)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Error 8021 (Internal error retrieving device control block for the port)

When I first startup Homeseer the AB8SS runs fine but after about 30 minutes my log fills up with the following message and I have to shutdown and restart Homeseer:

9/6/2006 6:04:06 PM AB8SS Plug-in Diagnostic Error 8021 (Internal error retrieving device control block for the port) in procedure send_command_string of User Control hspi

Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

Thanks
    Mack

Mack,

This sounds as if it might be an issue with the COM port. Is it connected to a standard COM port?

--David

Comment

No, it was connected to a 4 port USB Serial Adapter as I don't have any standard serial ports available. I did try connecting to a standard port and the problem went away. I'm thinking that I need to purchase a different USB Serial Adapter. Do you know of a USB to Serial Adapter that people have had succcess running the AB8SS device?

Thanks
      Mack

Comment

Hi, Mack, I'm afraid I don't know which serial adapters are successful. The AB8SS has no buffer, so its timing needs are more critical than other serial devices. Anyone using an AB8SS with a USB serial port?

--David

Comment

I am running mine successfully on a 8-port Edgeport, which is a USB -to- 8-port Serial. No problems with Dual AB8SS, Rain8Net, HAI OmniPro all running off this setup.

Larry.
          -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
          VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
          Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the information I will look into getting the Edgeport device and hopefully they make a 4-port model.

Thanks
            Mack

Comment

I have a 6 port pci serial expansion card, ab8ss works fine with it
              Over The Hill
              What Hill?
              Where?
              When?
              I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Working...
              X