X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somfy ZRTSI Zwave to RTSI

Originally posted by Thrag View Post
    Any luck getting things integrated?
    Making some progress install the new Somfy ZRTSI - Zwave to RTSI interface. I was able to install the Base Node and a Virtual Node (set to RTSI Channel 2) without any problems.

I was able to turn the virtual node on or off, but it doesn't have any status associations, so I am not sure how to actually control the motor from HomeSeer.

I guess that I could set the associations?
    On the hand held comtroller, you select the motor and either press up, down or stop.

I still haven't associated the node to a motor. I want to read up on the motor programming frist.

I have attached a .pdf with screenshots
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DSteiNeuro; January 28, 2012, 02:54 AM.
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Just noticed that there are two child devices to the Base node:
    I can see the Z-LED flash if I send commenads to any of these, indicating RTSA transmission.
    (I haven't associated a motor yet, so no response)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DSteiNeuro; January 22, 2012, 11:27 PM. Reason: Update
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Looks like I got the base and virtual nodes backwards in the screenshot above.
      There iare binary and multilevel swicthes as children to the root device 16 virtual node (RTS channel 2).

Still need to associate the RTS channel 2 to a Somfy Motor and see what happens.
      Attached Files
      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Thanks for the updates.

Please keep us posted on your progress. I am still waiting for a Zwave solution for blind control in my home and am hoping this will work out.

Comment

Out of curiosity, which RTS motors do you have? Are you using the battery operated ones, or one of the hardwired models? How noisy are they when in operation?

Comment

I should be pretty close. Good news that there are child devices to the virtual node. Just need to do the programming, but need to wait until I can afford the time to mess something up. I will continue to post updates.

I am using ST30 Sonesse 24 Volt hardwired. Each motor is homerun to a power supply on a DIN rail.
            The homeruns make programming each individual motor much easier.

Very quier, most of the noise is from the blinds rolling up/down, not the motor.

You can find the Somfy programming guide at:
            http://www.somfy.com/downloads/nam_p..._guide_low.pdf
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Success with zRTSI and Homeseer

I have the first blind working with ZRTSI!

So far it is a bit limited, using the Virtual Node an "On" Command on the Virtural Node Binary moves the blind Up and an "Off" command down. There may be more advanced settings, but this really all I need for now. I haven't figured out a stop command which might be important. The Up and Down commands use the preset limits and the remote works as well.

The programing is a bit different than described in the ZRTSI instructions linked in another thread. I simply added the virtual node and then linked the node to the blind the same way you would add another remote.

The process is described in the video here:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kROm...layer_embedded

I suspect that the Somfy TaHomA can do more that I have figured out with HS so far but I am pretty psyched with plain old Up and down. There is probably a HS plug in to be developed for the more advanced comtrol.

Time to add a button on HST and add the rest of the nodes for my other blinds.
              DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Nice work.

For some reason I assumed you had both tilt and lift motors on your blinds. That is what Im in the market for. I can only imagine how much harder programming for those blinds would be.

Thanks for being a leader on this.

Comment

Actually, I have shades not blinds. Only action is up/down to limits and preferred position in between. I will take a look at the Somfy interfaces for blinds with tilt and let you know if I think these might work as well.
                  DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Good to hear you've got things working! So how do they work in homeseer and/or hstouch exactly? Does each press of "on" raise the shade by a small amount and you have to repeatedly press the button to get the shade to move all the way up?

I saw that in the video that for the Tahoma interface you could press and hold to move the shades. To implement that in HSTouch would probably require the zrtsi to have separate commands to start and stop moving that could be attached to on press and on release actions. In that video it also showed that the shade icon displayed a real time status for the window, so that leads me to hope that it is possible to do in homeseer as well. Though they didn't show it, the fact that the icon displays status also makes me hopeful that the zrtsi can report back when you adjust the shade through the shade's remote instead of through your zwave system.

I really hope the Homeseer guys see this thread. Some official support, even in the form of a paid plug in, would be wonderful. My system won't achieve maximum WAF until the windows are taken care of. Homeseer really needs a good window shade integration solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrag View Post
                      Good to hear you've got things working! So how do they work in homeseer and/or hstouch exactly? Does each press of "on" raise the shade by a small amount and you have to repeatedly press the button to get the shade to move all the way up?
                      Each child virtual binary swich device On moves the shade up to the preset upper limit and each device Down to the preset lower limit. This is perfect for HST, you just send a device On for up and a device Off for down. You don't need to toggle back to Off, the ZRTSI just sends one command. It is the same as pressing the corresponding button on the hand held remote. Another nice feature, is that if the HomeSeer device is "On", you should expect the shade to be Up (unless you get pout of synch with a Somy remote (see below).

I haven't figured out how to send a "My Buttton" (same as stop on hand held remote) yet. This is useful to either move the blind to a favorite position or stop movement. I can live without it on HST for now.

The virtual node child multilevel switch doesn't seem to anything yet and I wonder if this is used for variable tilt commands. I am also not sure what the Base node does.

I will associate some more shades to ZRTSI channels tonight and program the binary swith to HST.

Though they didn't show it, the fact that the icon displays status also makes me hopeful that the zrtsi can report back when you adjust the shade through the shade's remote instead of through your zwave system.
                      I was hoping for that as well, but I think that the ZRTSI is one-way. There is no response on the ZRTSI to remote presses. I am wondering if the icon dispaly is just an animatted .gif. For HS, I will set up some graphical pairs to indicate status on HST and try to keep in synch. Anybody have any nice HS Icons for shades or blinds ?

I really hope the Homeseer guys see this thread. Some official support, even in the form of a paid plug in, would be wonderful. My system won't achieve maximum WAF until the windows are taken care of. Homeseer really needs a good window shade integration solution.
                      This would be a great HS hardware and plugin combo. I have the contact information for the Somfy technical rep, who expressed interest in my set-up. As is right now the shades go up and down nicely on HS or HST commands, which should have great WAF!
                      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

I researched the tilt issue a bit tonight.

The Modulis remote has a wheel on it that will adjust the tilt on the blinds to whatever opening you want. The Sonesse 30 RTS is compatible with that remote.

On the dry contact motor version, there are two modes for the remote to function: lift and tilt.

I am guessing that there should be discrete Zwave commands for lift/tilt up/down as well as "my" button.

I bet the multilevel switch you see is for tilt control. What else would it be?

Ive decided to go ahead and start this project. I have 6 wood blinds Id like to automate. 2 are on doors, so they will have to be battery operated and will tilt only. Somfy has an RTS version of this. The other 4 are on the wall so I will get the Sonesse 30 RTS motors, but Im going to just start with one room and see how it goes. I will be retrofitting the existing blinds and I think I can get the hard wired blinds done for around 350$ each. The Modulis remote and the ZRTSI are a gonna be more. I dont need the modular rails, etc, just power plugs in the attic.

Comment

The variability is handled by "dimming" in HS.

I met with the SOMFY guys at CES this year (Sad that HS was not there this year as the Somfy people REALLY wanted to talk to them) and they said that their Z-wave binary (Up/Down) is only on and off. On blinds, you can tilt by using a digital motor that handles variables. Those variables respond like lights in the Somfy Zwave module. The module interprets dimming as a percentage of open where 100 is full open and 0 is closed. You can also set it up were 100 is full tilt up, 0 is full tilt down and 50 is open.
                          Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

This is what we expected. The virtual child nodes have two switches. One is binary- On= Up, Off= Down. The second switch is multilevel 0-100 like a light dim.

I guess that there isn't a stop command for the Up/Down. That would be nice, but livable without it.

I haven't figured out what the "Bridge Node" does. I think that it may be for the TaHomA interface. It is a secondary Z Wave controller, so I wonder if I add it using Replicate Recieve if it would enable two way communication between the ZRTSI and HS.

The information for the Base node is as below, if someone can translate:
                            Attached Files
                            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Dafunktyfunk, did you get a contact for the Somfy guys? I also spoke to them a while back and they were very interested in the HS install.

BTW, this is one of my all time favorite Home Automation / HomeSeer applications.
                              DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Working...
                              X