HS3 on Synology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 on Synology

I posted earlier to see if anyone had HS3 working on Synology. I was wondering if anyone had any luck

Greg

Your best bet will be to install the debian-chroot package from synocommunity and then install HS3 in the Debian chroot jail.
    I'm doing it at the moment, and will let you know how I get on. I'm a Linux newbie!

Comment

I now have it running on my DS412+, although I'm still getting used to Chroot and how it actually works. I'm sure there is more tweaking to make it work.

Comment

HS3 Synology and Insteon 2413U

Finally had time to figure out how to install on my Synology, and...Works Great! I also have the insteon plugin working with my 2413u..... Just wish there were more plugins (Global Cache).

Britkat,

How are you starting HomeSeer? Are you using a startup script? I have seen one located in the forum here...wonder if it will work.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165690

Comment

Synology

It's all working now on the synology, chroot debian startup script, insteon and itach scripts!

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for digging up and old post, but are you still using HS3 on your Synology NAS? I like to test a similar setup (on a 415+) and was wondering if it was worth the try. Is it stable? How is the performance?

Do you have any instructions on installing? Or anything that could help a first time Synology user? Thanks!

stefxx
            stefxx

Comment

+1

Any instructions on doing this, i am not a linux guy so don't know where to start.

Any help would be great

Comment

+1

Also interested.

Comment

OK got it running here but no zwave with my new zwave.me plus stick... anyone else managed to get it working?

Comment

HS3 on Synology

deanrparry, Any chance you might post instructions on how you got this installed?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Interested this as well...
                      d

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
                      I posted earlier to see if anyone had HS3 working on Synology. I was wondering if anyone had any luck

Greg

Comment

+1

Interested to.

Greig.
                        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

I have it running for a few months now on a 415+. Getting everything to work took a long time and effort, which I did not completely document. Also, I run everything from an USB3 stick to not interrupt the Synology disk standby feature. If someone is interested I can try to backup the stick and make it available for others. Again, this will only work on the 415+.

No other software needs to be installed on the Synology to work (all is on the USB stick). It includes mono, usb2serial drivers and other components (for instance for the energy graphs to work).
                          stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                            I have it running for a few months now on a 415+. Getting everything to work took a long time and effort, which I did not completely document. Also, I run everything from an USB3 stick to not interrupt the Synology disk standby feature. If someone is interested I can try to backup the stick and make it available for others. Again, this will only work on the 415+.

No other software needs to be installed on the Synology to work (all is on the USB stick). It includes mono, usb2serial drivers and other components (for instance for the energy graphs to work).
                            Hi can you send me the backup?

I have a DS415+ and a DS716+ I'd like to try this on. Any instructions you give would be helpful. I already use the Mono (beta) package and installed Debian Chroot just now to try this myself.

Comment

How to use DOCKER on Synology

you can install Homeseer via DOCKER
                              it's quite simple.

Open DSM
                              > Install Docker (if you don't already have it)
                              > Within Docker, go to REGISTRY tab and in the search box type "Homeseer"
                              > Download the image "bradsjm/homeseer3:latest" (this may take a few moments)
                              > On the IMAGE tab click the homeseer image then click launch button
                              > within the new window that pops up labeled 'Step 1', set the container name (anything you choose is fine)
                              > Port Settings: Local Port | Container Port
                              - HTTP 80 | 80
                              - HSTOUCH 10200 | 10200
                              NOTE: You can select automatic, however each time the container loads it will change the local ports

> Click next to proceed.
                              > On 'Step 2' page: You can set limitations, but it's not required.
                              - Select Auto Restart (this will help in case of power outage)
                              > Click next to proceed.

> On 'Summary' page: Click ADVANCED SETTINGS button
                              > [This part i'm still having trouble with so hopefully someone else can help here]
                              You need to map file locations, regardless if you do this or not, you can still run the container and it will work, but for custom plugins you need to do this.

>Once you are done run the container and navigate to http://YourDSip:localport (as specified by the docker container)

I hope this helped.

Comment

Working...
                              X