optimization error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

optimization error

I am just getting back into home automation after a year's absence and have got some zwave devices with the aeon usb stick. I tried to optimize and got an error and now whenever I try any type of optimization I get this:

Error - A previous Optimization is still in process or ended in an error. Complete the optimization successfully or reset your Z-Wave interface before attempting this operation again.

I have no idea how to clear this out so I can optimize again. Can't find anything in the threads. Any takers?

Originally posted by Alconnell View Post
    I am just getting back into home automation after a year's absence and have got some zwave devices with the aeon usb stick. I tried to optimize and got an error and now whenever I try any type of optimization I get this:

Error - A previous Optimization is still in process or ended in an error. Complete the optimization successfully or reset your Z-Wave interface before attempting this operation again.

I have no idea how to clear this out so I can optimize again. Can't find anything in the threads. Any takers?
    Try going to Plug-ins>Z-Wave>Controller Management. Expand the primary interface by clicking on the orange triangle to the left. Then under actions choose "Restart this interface", then click "Start". This will restart your controller.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks,
      I've tried that many times and tried re-starting HS. Nothing seems to work.

Comment

On a Z-Troller

I do not know about your Z-stick, I use a Z-Troller. But, I have had an Optimization (Scan, Import, etc) lockup like that and give that (or similar) error message.

I Disable the Z-Wave plugin for a minute or two. Then Enable it. Next I shut down HS3, rebooted PC and restarted HS3. No errors on restart and and I could reset the interface as rprade described and continue Zwave operations as normal.

Good Luck!

Comment

Which version of HS are you running? If HS2, you should be on 2.5.0.81 and if on HS3, I would recommend .152 with .189 of the z-wave plugin.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

What version of HS3 are you running? What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You guys are good!

Just as I remember it - lots of help available. So I am on HS2 vs. 2.5.0.52....that is the latest version available to me in the updater. Zwave Plugin????? I don't see that, I am running the AEON stick version 2. It installs fine with the existing drivers. Boy do I feel like a newbie again!

Comment

Originally posted by Alconnell View Post
                Just as I remember it - lots of help available. So I am on HS2 vs. 2.5.0.52....that is the latest version available to me in the updater. Zwave Plugin????? I don't see that, I am running the AEON stick version 2. It installs fine with the existing drivers. Boy do I feel like a newbie again!
                You can get 2.5.0.81 here: http://homeseer.com/older-downloads.html Also, If you are starting from scratch, I would suggest using HS3 as there really isn't a good migration path from 2 to 3, so if you go to 3 later on, you'll be manually redoing a bunch of stuff.

Cheers
                Al
                Last edited by sparkman; February 12, 2015, 11:17 PM.
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for the advice Al! I haven't got too far into my system rebuilding and I'll definitely give HS3 a lookover.

Comment

Working...
                  X