Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrate from vera need help...

Hi..

i have vera plus with Fibaro blinds , Philips hue lights , nest thermostat , and Fibaro relays devices and i want to move all to Homeseer but i have couple of question before i someone can help me..?

1. did all my already connected stuff will still work and compatible with Homeseer v3..?

2. can anyone have step by step guide how to move all my devices without have to connect one by one device if this even possible do that...?

my homeseer device is windows 10 base with Aeotec Z-Stick gen5.

thank you.

Yes all of your devices will work with HS3. You will need a plugin for the Nest and Phillips bulbs though.

Unfortunately you will have to move all of your devices to HS3 one at a time. It sounds daunting at first, I know, but it's a set it and forget it kind of thing. You'll never have to do it again. It's not like with Vera where every X number of moths your system goes pear shaped and you need to wipe it and start from scratch. I don't miss those days! My Vera is sitting in my Home Automation junk pile waiting for the day that my girlfriend will let me use the hydraulic press in one of her labs to send it to crush land.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I have spent past two months migrating from Vera to Homeseer. It is a different system without PLEG but once you have a better understanding of how things works you will find it much faster and cleaner. A big help in migrating is to download the Z-Tools+ app. You can use this to delete and/or add devices from your phone or tablet. I took two months so I could migrate in stages. Both units can operate independently while you move things over. I still run Vera for my Hunter Douglas shades.

Comment

@Smargi

I have transferred my Vera system to Homeseer a year ago using the controller shift function.

See link below for the VERA side of things;
        http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ZWave_Options

At Homeseer side use Receive network from another Controller under Z-Wave actions;
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jackpost View Post
          @Smargi

I have transferred my Vera system to Homeseer a year ago using the controller shift function.

See link below for the VERA side of things;
          http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ZWave_Options

At Homeseer side use Receive network from another Controller under Z-Wave actions;
          1. Any notes from the transfer did all the models was transfer form the vera to the homeseer o.k or did you have to include some of them manually...?

2. from what version/controller of vera did you transfer to what version of homeseer...?

3. did you have to have the two controller near so you can transfer..?

4. and what happen with the vera controller after the transfer did it still active and working as secondary...?

Comment

I'm with @Jquincy on this.

I moved this year, and was going to do the controller shift, but decided to move devices one at a time so I could keep both systems running. I worked great, and the app makes all the difference. I have ~70 devices, and I was able to move everything over in a weekend, and that was only because I took it slow, making sure to name stuff the way in wanted, etc.

Each device, from excluding to including, takes about 2 minutes with the app.

That's a big part of it.... the UX takes some getting used to from Vera, so I suggest moving a room or two at first, and playing around. For example, I moved my garage and then recreated my events (lights, motion, etc).... as that's independent of anything else in my system.

Comment

1. Any notes from the transfer did all the models was transfer form the vera to the homeseer o.k or did you have to include some of them manually...?
              No issues noted during the controller shift, all devices came across, even device ID numbering was linked in both systems

2. from what version/controller of vera did you transfer to what version of homeseer...? Vera 3 UI5 to HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297 (Windows)

3. did you have to have the two controller near so you can transfer..?
              Yep

4. and what happen with the vera controller after the transfer did it still active and working as secondary...?
              Vera was still active as secondary controller after the shift, devices could be operated via both controllers. Plugins like Imperihome stayed working, and responded to commands from both systems. After gaining confidence that the shift was stable on Homeseer and plugins worked on homeseer, over time I removed devices from Vera, and moved Imperihome to the Homeseer plugin. Today my Vera is totally decomissioned.

Comment

Hi.. again.

first thanks for all the answers but i have one more for you all...

1. can i transfer all my devices to to Homeseer from the Vera controller and make it as secondary to the vera i want to check that every things work o.k before completely move to Homeseer...?

2. and if yes for the first question how to config the Homeseer to move from secondary to main controller after stop using the Vera...?

Comment

Working...
                X