Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMP Usage - BrulTech GreenEye

Hello,

Thank you for the plug-in. I've been using it with much success. I'm wondering where I can pull AMP usage.
    I don't see it in the UltraECM3 documentation, though I see mentions in the old UltraECM documentation.
    If it isn't integrated, it'll be really helpful for me if you could integrate it in.

Thanks!

Amps are not provided by the plug-in. They can be calculated by dividing watts by volts on 120V circuits and watts divided by (volts x 2) on 240V circuits. Watts are the true measurement of energy and are what you purchase from the utility.

For any device you want to know the specific amperage, you could create a virtual device and use an event to run an immediate script to set the amperage value using one of the two formulas.

The GEM measures amperage and calculates wattage. The CTs provide the GEM with amperage value and wattage is calculated by the inverse of the above formulas.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Amps are not provided by the plug-in. They can be calculated by dividing watts by volts on 120V circuits and watts divided by (volts x 2) on 240V circuits. Watts are the true measurement of energy and are what you purchase from the utility.

For any device you want to know the specific amperage, you could create a virtual device and use an event to run an immediate script to set the amperage value using one of the two formulas.

The GEM measures amperage and calculates wattage. The CTs provide the GEM with amperage value and wattage is calculated by the inverse of the above formulas.
      Ahh, Thank you for the explanation. It looked like the AMP data was (calculated?) in the previous versions but I guess they removed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaze View Post
        Ahh, Thank you for the explanation. It looked like the AMP data was (calculated?) in the previous versions but I guess they removed it.
        Randy (UltraJones) will have to verify this but I think the GEM might send the amp data in its reporting, but it is not used by the plug-in to create devices in HS.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
        X