Fibaro FGBS-001 Universal Sensor problem with temperature sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro FGBS-001 Universal Sensor problem with temperature sensor

I cannot get the temperature sensor to create a child device. I have bought the universal sensor, connected the temperature sensor. Waited a minute, then included into HS3. Its created 5 devices, root and the devices for the alarm and binary. But nothing for the connected temperature sensor. I have excluded and included a few times, also tried resetting the universal sensor. No luck.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mikee123; March 18, 2017, 08:10 AM.

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I cannot get the temperature sensor to create a child device. I have bought the universal sensor, connected the temperature sensor. Waited a minute, then included into HS3. Its created 5 devices, root and the devices for the alarm and binary. But nothing for the connected temperature sensor. I have excluded and included a few times, also tried resetting the universal sensor. No luck.
    I have several of these each with 4 temp sensors connected and they created temp child devices fine, although that was many versions ago of the Z-Wave plug-in.
    Are you sure that the temp sensor is connected correctly? I mostly use DS18B20s built into a waterproof head on 1m leads bought cheaply on ebay. The colours of the wires has varied between different batches which can make it tricky to determine which lead is which.

Steve

Comment

Yes I have bought the waterproof sensors as well. It gave a description which colour is which so I should have connected them as I should.

Comment

I have tried with 2 new Fibaro Universal sensors, 2 new waterproof DS18B20s and a new normal DS18B20s. I various combinations to make sure its not a faulty sensor or Fibaro module. It never creates any additional devices, it always creates 4 out of 4 child devices. I have also tried changing grd and power on the temperature sensor with the same result. I dont know what else to try.
        This is whats in the log:

Mar-18 15:31:19 Z-Wave 4 out of 4 Child devices of node 43 were created successfully.
        Mar-18 15:31:18 Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 1 to Node 43 Z-Wave Fibaro On/Off Sensor
        Mar-18 15:31:17 Z-Wave Enabling instant status for Z-Wave device Node 43 Z-Wave Fibaro On/Off Sensor (43) on Group 3
        Mar-18 15:31:17 Z-Wave Getting association information for Node 43 Z-Wave Fibaro On/Off Sensor
        Mar-18 15:31:16 Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 1 to Node 43 Z-Wave Fibaro On/Off Sensor
        Mar-18 15:31:16 Z-Wave New Interface: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 43 Z-Wave Fibaro On/Off Sensor (Node 43, Group 2, Endpoint 2) to HomeSeer
        Mar-18 15:31:15 Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 1 to Node 43 Z-Wave Fibaro On/Off Sensor
        Mar-18 15:31:15 Z-Wave New Interface: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 43 Z-Wave Fibaro On/Off Sensor (Node 43, Group 1, Endpoint 1) to HomeSeer
        Mar-18 15:31:15 Z-Wave Root Node Device Node 43 Z-Wave Fibaro On/Off Sensor was created for node 43 on network E075A8D5
        Mar-18 15:30:52 Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 43 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_ALARM, Endpoint 2
        Mar-18 15:30:52 Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 43 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_BINARY_V2, Endpoint 2
        Mar-18 15:30:28 Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 43 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_ALARM, Endpoint 1
        Mar-18 15:30:28 Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 43 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_BINARY_V2, Endpoint 1
        Mar-18 15:30:28 Z-Wave All associations for node 43 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2, 3.
        Mar-18 15:30:28 Z-Wave Node 43 Association Group 3 can have 1 associations, and currently has 0
        Mar-18 15:30:28 Z-Wave Node 43 Association Group 2 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0
        Mar-18 15:30:28 Z-Wave Node 43 Association Group 1 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0
        Mar-18 15:30:28 Z-Wave Getting association information for node 43
        Mar-18 15:30:28 Z-Wave Node 43 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 3.52 App: 2.1
        Mar-18 15:30:27 Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 43, ID: 271=10FH (Fibaro), Type: 1281=501H, ID: 4098=1002H
        Mar-18 15:30:19 Z-Wave Done. Node 43 Added.

Comment

I have tried with 2 new Fibaro Universal sensors, 2 new waterproof DS18B20s and a new normal DS18B20s. I various combinations to make sure its not a faulty sensor or Fibaro module. It never creates any additional devices, it always creates 4 out of 4 child devices. I have also tried changing grd and power on the temperature sensor with the same result. I dont know what else to try.

I would try temporarily stepping back to an older ZWave version.
          Steve

Comment

OK, this is my current system. Not sure how I could go back from 3.0.1.87 ?

Current Date/Time: 18/03/2017 16:36:53
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.312
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
            System Uptime: 0 Days 1 Hour 7 Minutes 36 Seconds
            IP Address: 192.168.0.8
            Number of Devices: 600
            Number of Events: 336
            Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.30.0: BLLAN
            2.0.69.0: BLStat
            0.0.0.25: drhsIpPlugIn
            3.0.0.31: EasyTrigger
            5.0.0.56: Global Cache Pro
            3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
            3.0.0.11: NetCAM
            0.0.0.30: Pushover 3P
            1.0.0.5: Restart
            30.0.0.33: RFXCOM
            3.3.5.17921: SMS-Gateway
            3.1.0.18: Sonos
            3.0.3.3: Tasker Plugin
            3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
            3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

Comment

OK, this is my current system. Not sure how I could go back from 3.0.1.87 ?
              I don't have any other suggestions, if you are absolutely sure it's wired correctly then you have exhausted hardware options. They work fine for me but were included a long time ago. If you don't want to try going back versions you could try the latest ZWave beta. Either way I would back up the whole HS3 directory and restore it after you have tested a different ZWave version.

What ZWave interface do you use? I use a UZB1 and they are really cheap so I have spares. In your situation I install a trial HS3 on a laptop with a fresh UZB1 and use that to test including the device. I can then play around without the risk of messing up my production system. I did have a similar situation with Fibaro smoke sensors. I bought one and included into my system faultlessly. A month later I bought another and it included but with some of the child devices missing no matter how many times I tried. Others reported the same. I downgraded to the ZWave version I had used to include the first one and the new one then included perfectly. A few versions later somebody reported they were including ok again.

Steve

Comment

a few things that might help. I had one of these that was a bugger to get working.

Make sure you do a factory reset on the fibaro. I think i did that and the inclusion process several times.

I also found that one of my wires had pulled out, even after i thought i checked several times.

I was using this originally on my vera. Here are 2 links that might help from that forum:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.p...,34631.15.html

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.p...12859.120.html

Comment

Somehow after a few more resets and exclusion inclusion cycles, I have 5 child devices, including 1 temperature sensors. I thought great, done it. Then I realized its showing 0 degrees and not updating...

Comment

Somehow after a few more resets and exclusion inclusion cycles, I have 5 child devices, including 1 temperature sensors. I thought great, done it. Then I realized its showing 0 degrees and not updating...
                    give it some time. i seem to think it took a bit.

Comment

I just included the other module again. Added the sensor, did a factory reset, then included it. It created all child devices including temperature which started updating immediately. No idea why it was such a pig before... anyway its working, the one still not updating I guess just have to exclude again, reset and include until it also works.

Comment

this is still working fine for me, but i just noticed it shows battery at 0%. are you guys getting battery status fine for this? i'm on latest Zwave beta .318

Comment

I just included the other module again. Added the sensor, did a factory reset, then included it. It created all child devices including temperature which started updating immediately. No idea why it was such a pig before... anyway its working, the one still not updating I guess just have to exclude again, reset and include until it also works.
                          Hello
                          I have a similar issue with FGMS-001-Fibaro multisensor: about Light and temp sensor. In attached you can see. I'll try to exclude and include again as you say. However, Is there anyone that use this sensor and has resolved this?

Massimo-RenderCAD
                          Enabled Plug-Ins
                          3.0.0.29: ADIO-100
                          1.0.0.85: Arduino Plugin
                          2.0.43.0: BLBackup
                          2.0.3.0: BLDatabase
                          3.0.14.0: BLMediaPlayer
                          2.0.5.0: BLVolume
                          0.0.0.42: Current Cost 3P
                          0.0.0.3: Device Comparison 3P
                          1.1.2.0: Device History
                          3.0.0.32: EasyTrigger
                          3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server
                          3.0.0.14: NetCAM
                          3.0.1.84: PHLocation
                          1.0.0.5: Restart
                          3.0.0.21: VWS
                          3.0.1.93: Z-Wave
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I borrow the thread. I success on the first test to get 1wire and the inputs Do anyone have the outputs working?
                            Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                            --
                            Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

mine quit working....

I just noticed that mine actually stopped reporting in June. I have it setup to send a notice if the temp goes below a certain point... it never did - just stopped at the last temp so it looked like it kept that reading.

went through all the steps to exclude/reset/include. set the polling for the temp child device to 1 hours... battery to 12 hours. Parent to one hour.

The temp probe seems to work for awhile... then stop. Batter never reports again after initial inclusion.

Anyone seeing any issues with these, and/or have advice on the best polling time for parent and children?

Comment

Working...
                              X