Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All devices missing...help?

Hiya-

I just restarted my system and now all of my zwave stuff is missing. I use a z-net. I restarted that and it has a green light..yet all of those devices are missing in HS3.

What can I do at this point?

Is it just z-wave devices that are gone or is it everything? You can check your data directory and see if the size of the database file HSD is much smaller on the current version and see about restoring an earlier version:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data

there should be 10 copies there. Also check to make sure that you don't have a filter set that might just not be displaying them.

The Z-wave stuff is stored in Data\Z-Wave in a .db file. there should be backups there if you made any or the last time you included something.

Jeff

Comment

I love you man!

I was in the middle of re-adding all of my zwave stuff and looking forward(?) too having to rebuild all my events and stuff.

I just shutdown HS3...renamed one of the HSD files you mentioned in the data directory and started it back up.

It looks like I'm whole again! I am in a MUCH better mood now, let me tell ya.

1000 thanks...tell me where to send the beer

Comment

No worries. Glad it worked for you and you have it going again. I would look into setting up some backups I run 3 different types on my HS machines daily, hourly and one that backs up continuously. You might check out the free BLBackup to get things started it should be in the updater under Utilities.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
        X