Import Android Config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Android Config

I have what I hope is a simple question. Running Pro on android.

One device one, I have a config to deploy to other devices. I have exported the config file to a central location accessible to other devices I wish to deploy to.

I installed ImperiHome on the additional device. But can't for the life of me find an import config option. I know I must be missing something simple. Do I need to save it to a particular local location? or am I somehow missing seeing an import function somewhere?

Expecting a headslapping "DOH" type of answer. But I am baffled here. HELP!

Thanks!

Originally posted by JMarias View Post
    I have what I hope is a simple question. Running Pro on android.

One device one, I have a config to deploy to other devices. I have exported the config file to a central location accessible to other devices I wish to deploy to.

I installed ImperiHome on the additional device. But can't for the life of me find an import config option. I know I must be missing something simple. Do I need to save it to a particular local location? or am I somehow missing seeing an import function somewhere?

Expecting a headslapping "DOH" type of answer. But I am baffled here. HELP!

Thanks!
    Just click on the export file after you download to the new device. It will open up automatically in Imperihome.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
      Just click on the export file after you download to the new device. It will open up automatically in Imperihome.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk
      I tried that... Had it out on Google Drive. It just displayed the XML. But your response was enough of a hint to long press the file and select "Open with". That did the trick!

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JMarias View Post
        I tried that... Had it out on Google Drive. It just displayed the XML. But your response was enough of a hint to long press the file and select "Open with". That did the trick!

Many thanks
        cool. it is flakey sometimes. I've also tried mailing as attachment, then opening within the mail.

Comment

I am having same problem.
          On Android 8.1 after importing, device just displays black screen.
          Anyone else having this problem?

Comment

Working...
          X