Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Helix 14 alpa is out going to start playing a little with it can we see if the play with feature can get added !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
      The new Helix 14 alpa is out going to start playing a little with it can we see if the play with feature can get added !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Ken
      I have just posted version 3.0.0.26 which fully support the Helix 14 API (and is backward compatible with older versions)

In this version there is a new action call "Switch Player" which lets you switch what is currently playing on one XBMC instance to another player. Behind the scenes it uses UPnP so you have to enable all the UPnP features from System > Settings > Services > UPnP

The sending instance needs to be version Helix 14 or later, the remote player can be an older version (actually any UPnP player)

Click image for larger version

Name:	switchplayer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1174957

Comment

Times

Any way to add some way to get the length of a show/movie, how far into playing it, and how long is left to go? I'd like to trigger some events a certain number of minutes/seconds before the end of a show.

G

Comment

Originally posted by gmitch64 View Post
          Any way to add some way to get the length of a show/movie, how far into playing it, and how long is left to go? I'd like to trigger some events a certain number of minutes/seconds before the end of a show.

G
          Not yet, but it's now on my TODO list, I will add those soon either as new devices or scripting functions.

Comment

version 3.0.0.27

In version 3.0.0.27 available here, I have added 2 scripting functions that let you get the elapsed time and the total time of a show/movie

Here is how they are defined, the only parameter is the name of the player, and they return a time in seconds.

Code:
            public int GetCurrentTime(string player)
            public int GetTotalTime(string player)
            and here is a C# example of how to use them:

Code:
            public object Main(object[] Parms)
            {
                int currentTime = (int) hs.PluginFunction("XBMC", "", "GetCurrentTime", new object[] { "TV Room" });
                int totalTime = (int) hs.PluginFunction("XBMC", "", "GetTotalTime", new object[] { "TV Room" });

hs.WriteLog("XBMC Script", "Current Time in secs = " + currentTime);
                hs.WriteLog("XBMC Script", "Total Time in secs = " + totalTime);
                return 0;
            }

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              In version 3.0.0.27 available here, I have added 2 scripting functions that let you get the elapsed time and the total time of a show/movie

I go away for a week and see what happens

Thanks very much for adding that so quickly. I am off to have a play.

Can you think of a clean way to fire off a trigger when there's (say) 10 mins of a movie left, rather than sitting in a polling loop?

G

Comment

I go away for a week and see what happens

Thanks very much for adding that so quickly. I am off to have a play.

Can you think of a clean way to fire off a trigger when there's (say) 10 mins of a movie left, rather than sitting in a polling loop?

G
                I don't think you can avoid a polling loop to do that.

Comment

Is there anyway to create buttons on the device page to go directly to Images, Music, Movies, etc? I know we can go to the webpage control to select Movies and Music, but if I want to create a button in HSTouch to take the display on the TV directly to Movies, Images, etc instead of selecting selecting Right, Right, Select it would eliminate some keystrokes.

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
                    Is there anyway to create buttons on the device page to go directly to Images, Music, Movies, etc? I know we can go to the webpage control to select Movies and Music, but if I want to create a button in HSTouch to take the display on the TV directly to Movies, Images, etc instead of selecting selecting Right, Right, Select it would eliminate some keystrokes.
                    you can create an event to jump to any screen, see this post for an example: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=24

Comment

Thanks, that does it.

Comment

Would have thought it lunacy to ask this until now but is plex support possible? They have a http / json control method I was reading about there are even js apps for my pebble. Having that would make a very merry Xmas!

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                          Would have thought it lunacy to ask this until now but is plex support possible? They have a http / json control method I was reading about there are even js apps for my pebble. Having that would make a very merry Xmas!
                          Have you tried PleXBMC (addon to use XBMC as a Plex client) to get best of both world?

Comment

yeah but I am running plex on my roku's and on my HTPC to watch tv shows. Just using XBMC for movies on the HTPC.

Comment

Events on root device states

Would it be possible to allow scripting to run events on root states? At the moment, I can set an event on the value of the root device changing based on a numerical value, but there's not an option to change it based on the state (disconnected etc.) - like for instance with Door and Window sensors, where I can choose Alarm, Normal, Delayed Alarm etc. Is there somewhere that the numerical values for the states are listed? I've had a look, but I can't seem to find them.

G

Comment

Would it be possible to allow scripting to run events on root states? At the moment, I can set an event on the value of the root device changing based on a numerical value, but there's not an option to change it based on the state (disconnected etc.) - like for instance with Door and Window sensors, where I can choose Alarm, Normal, Delayed Alarm etc. Is there somewhere that the numerical values for the states are listed? I've had a look, but I can't seem to find them.

G
                                the root device has numerical status values since version 3.0.0.17. Disconnected = 0, Connected = 1

if you don't see them in the "status graphics" tab of the root device, then maybe the root device was created with an earlier version of the plugin?. In this case delete all your xbmc devices, and restart the plugin, the devices should be recreated properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X