X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard and Mouse Sensor plug-in - HS3 User Guide

INSTALLATION / CONFIGURATION

System Requirements:
    This plugin is for HS3 or HS3PRO. It works only on Windows for now.
    It is designed to allow HomeSeer to detect any mouse or keyboard activity on a local or a remote computer.

Plugin Installation on your HS3 Machine:
    Download and install from the updater (Utilities section) or download package from the Beta Testing thread and follow instructions to install.

Plugin Installation on a remote Windows computer:
    To install on a remote computer, you need first to install it on your HS3 machine, even if you don't want to use it on your HS machine you need to have it installed there (but you don't have to enable it) so that HS3 doesn't complain about licensing issue when you start your remote instances.
    Then

1.Download the remote install archive from https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7pv5w6hix...0-0-7.zip?dl=0 and unizip it wherever you want on your remote computer.

2. edit the run.bat script with a text editor

3. replace
    - <absolute_path_of_exe> with the absolute path of the directory where you installed the plugin
    - <ip_of_your_hs_machine> with the actual IP of your HS3 machine
    - <instance_name> with a name for this instance of the plugin (no space or special characters).

optionally change other parameters:
    - console is an optional parameter that hides the console window when set to false
    - autoreconnect is an optional parameter which makes the plugin automatically reconnect when the connection with HS is lost. It can be useful for example when you want to restart HS without having to restart all the remote plugins manually. <seconds_to_wait> is the number of seconds to wait before the plugin tries to reconnect.

here is for example how my run.bat looks like:

Code:
    C:\KMS\HSPI_KMS.exe server=192.168.1.5 instance=office autoreconnect=120 console=true
    Plugin Configuration:

Go to the config page 'PLUG-INS > KMS > Config - InstanceName', you should see a page like on the screenshot below.
    Click image for larger versionName:	configlocalinstance.pngViews:	2Size:	31.2 KBID:	1211287

The Inactivity Delay is the number of seconds after which the KMS device will be set to off, if no mouse movement or keyboard stroke is detected.

You can enable or disable Mouse Sensor / Keyboard Sensor if you only want to monitor one of them or if you want to disable them both (for example if the instance running on your HS3 machine does not have any keyboard or mouse)

"Check other instances every X seconds" is a setting that will only appear for your local instance, it allows to monitor the state of the other remote KMS instances. For example let's say you have a laptop on which you run the KMS plugin remotely, if you shutdown the laptop, the corresponding KMS device in HS3 will not switch to off immediately because the KMS plugin is not running anymore, but it will be set to Off by the local instance next time it checks if the remote plugin is still running.
    Last edited by spud; April 1, 2019, 06:47 AM.

FEATURES

Devices:
    After starting one or multiple instances of the plugin you should now see one "Keyboard and Mouse Sensor" device for each instance. The name of this device is by default the name of the computer on which the instance is running but you can rename it to anything you want.

Click image for larger version

Name:	device.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1176146

The On/Off status of this device will reflect the mouse and keyboard activity of this computer, i.e. status will be set to "On" as soon as it detects a mouse movement/click or a key stroke on the keyboard, and will be set back to "Off" after X seconds of inactivity, by default X is 60 seconds but that can be changed from the plugin config page:

Then you can use this device as an occupancy sensor. For example below are some events I use to turn on the lights in my office at night as soon as I move the mouse of my desktop PC or hit a key, and turn them off after 3 minutes of inactivity.

Name:	occupancy_event.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1176173
    Last edited by spud; August 3, 2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Triggers:

This plugin is also capable of detecting keyboard shortcuts to trigger events.
      To do so, create an event, select "Keyboard and Mouse Trigger", then select "Keyboard Shortcut" as the Trigger Type, then select the combination of key you want.

for example the event in the screenshot below turn some lights on if I press "Ctrl + L" on my keyboard

Name:	shortcut.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1176174

see this link for more information about the keys name

Comment

Working...
      X