Play mp3 as announcement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play mp3 as announcement?

I would like to play a 30 or so second announcement in the form of an MP3, but want it to be played through BLSpeech. Is this possible?

Or do I need to convert it to wav or something like that? I have no plan on actually having any TTS, but I want it to be treated like an announcement and not just "media" that is playing.

For those that care, it's the Barney "Clean up" song...LOL. We've decided for the new year that 7PM will be the time the kids start cleaning up and preparing for bed. I thought this would be a fun, yet annoying way to let them know that time has come

That would drive me nuts lol

Have you tried playing it? What does it do?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Can't you just add it to the sounds and assign a name to it? It has to be in the media folder if I remember correctly.

I have a few different MP3 files I use, like a ding before an announcement or cuckoo clock sound before announcing the time.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        For those that care, it's the Barney "Clean up" song...LOL. We've decided for the new year that 7PM will be the time the kids start cleaning up and preparing for bed. I thought this would be a fun, yet annoying way to let them know that time has come

LOL. More likely annoying for you than the kids ;-)

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          LOL. More likely annoying for you than the kids ;-)

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
          Nah.... I get used to that stuff

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X