Purchase BLSpeech + simple question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchase BLSpeech + simple question

So I was wondering if any experienced BLSpeech user could clue me in. I use only 2 events and for the most part, they work really well. - as shown:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	1211060

Question - The "Homeseer Prior To Speaking" function - it delays longer than I would like before allowing speech. Is there a way to control this possibly via script? Intent is to have a an exact 500ms delay.
    Thanks!

I am not sure, and actually I didn't know this was actually in the events, so thanks for enlightening me .

That being said, i have been trying to utilize the script call to wait until speaking is completed to move onto next action and its broken in the current versions (isn't respected). I have a case open with Bob about it on his ticket site, and just waiting to get an update.

This find might give me some hope/workaround until he can get the script calls working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      I am not sure, and actually I didn't know this was actually in the events, so thanks for enlightening me .

That being said, i have been trying to utilize the script call to wait until speaking is completed to move onto next action and its broken in the current versions (isn't respected). I have a case open with Bob about it on his ticket site, and just waiting to get an update.

This find might give me some hope/workaround until he can get the script calls working properly.
      Yes I am going to try and get to this one this week hopefully - it is going to take time to nail this one down and not break any of the Russound integration as well
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post

Your Welcome hope it works out for you.
        My needs are dirt-simple but with this much functionality I could possibly find other uses. Maybe do away with the events and learn some scripting from you!

I'll keep my ear to the ground on this and other speech related threads.
        Thanks!

Comment

It looks like you are using russound. If you have that plugin as well, Bob has done an amazing job integrating the two. My zones are usually off and blspeech will turn them on and announce then turn them back off (or go to whatever state they previously were).

Comment

Looks like .67 is released.
            Do we know what specific changes were done?

Comment

Bob added a fix for my issue above. I am still working to test it. I have it installed as of yesterday evening and will test my scripts later today.

Comment

So Blade, if you don't mind. I've since purchased this plugin - but my OP (#1) is still a good question - seems like I get hijacked a lot these days
                If it is capable via script, I'll try to figure it out - or better yet, as feature in future version gui

Thanks!

Comment

Have you tried using this option on the options web page?

Event or Script to execute prior to HomeSeer speaking
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Thanks Blade - Could I have an example on how I would make it wait 500ms after speaking?

Comment

Can you capture a debug log of this happening and attach it zipped so I can see.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X