Connectivity without Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connectivity without Internet

Does anyone experience issues with HS3 reconnecting to a network if the connected router was powered Off then On or internet connect was lose temporarily? I find HS3 doesn't work (no control of devices or events don't execute) if and internet connection is lost, but regained. The only way I found to fix this is to cycle the power on the controller or restart HS3.

HS3 needs a connection to the internet in order for it to work? I would of thought that HS3 would still control my devices without an internet connection, but wouldn't be able to do this like send/recieve emails or connect with HSTouch.

Once internet connection is back does HS3 need to be rebooted? if so, why is that? shouldn't it connect back once internet is back out?

Originally posted by huntley1 View Post
    Does anyone experience issues with HS3 reconnecting to a network if the connected router was powered Off then On or internet connect was lose temporarily? I find HS3 doesn't work (no control of devices or events don't execute) if and internet connection is lost, but regained. The only way I found to fix this is to cycle the power on the controller or restart HS3.

HS3 needs a connection to the internet in order for it to work? I would of thought that HS3 would still control my devices without an internet connection, but wouldn't be able to do this like send/recieve emails or connect with HSTouch.

Once internet connection is back does HS3 need to be rebooted? if so, why is that? shouldn't it connect back once internet is back out?
    What device is your HomeSeer running on? A HomeTroller, a HomeTroller Zee, a PC a Linux box?

Mine is running on Windows 10 on a PC and doesn't care about an Internet connection. If I lose Internet, several plug-ins complain because they need to connect, but the core of HS keeps running, all devices can be controlled and events run. HSTouch will still work on a local connection, but understandably MyHS doesn't work.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I have a SEL (Linux) and a S6 (Windows 10). My customer has the S6 and is having issues with his internet provide. Hence, issues with HS3. HSTouch wouwont even connect. I can understand that one because it's running on a iPad with Wi-Fi.

Comment

I have a SEL (Linux) and a S6 (Windows 10). My customer has the S6 and is having issues with his internet provide. Hence, issues with HS3. HSTouch wouwont even connect. I can understand that one because it's running on a iPad with Wi-Fi.
        HS3 and z-wave works fine without internet. I know some devices sense they have no internet and like to jump off wifi and go to cellular.

Also is Hstouch configured locally with a direct IP or is it trying to go threw myhs.homeseer.com ?

Comment

I have HSTouch opening from myhomeseer.

Do I use one of the server options to log in instead?

Comment

I have HSTouch opening from myhomeseer.

Do I use one of the server options to log in instead?
            I'm not a big HStouch user myself I use Imperihome mostly, so hopefully someone can point you in the right direction better then I can.......

With that said myhs is online servers and I can see that being a problem without internet. When setting up HStouch use the local static IP of the HS3 server so your going direct and not using internet. If you roaming then you will have issues unless you have a backup.

Imperihome have you enter both local and remote connections and checks to the wifi SSID to see if it should go to local or remote. If local fails to connect it falls over to remote anyways.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I did a DHCP reservation on the router of the IP address of the Hometroller S6 (Will do the same for the SEL tomorrow). In the HSTouch app setup, I used one of the server options and pointed it to the IP address I reserved in the router. I really hope this solved my problems.

What is ImperiHome and how do you get it. Just curious.

Comment

For use of Homeseer touch without the internet just disable all references to myhomeseer dot com in the Homeseer settings and the Homeseer touch configuration and the HSDesigner.

You can do a smart phone connection to your mothership by opening the HSTouch ports necessary for access.

[ATTACH]65765[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]65766[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]65767[/ATTACH]

Here utilize multiple tabletop tablets running HSTouch in the house. (15).

[ATTACH]65768[/ATTACH]
                Last edited by Pete; January 10, 2018, 01:14 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

What is ImperiHome and how do you get it. Just curious.
                  Imperihome is a phone/ tablet app for both apple and Android.

There is a plugin for homeseer.

It's an alternative to HStouch.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                    Imperihome is a phone/ tablet app for both apple and Android.

There is a plugin for homeseer.

It's an alternative to HStouch.
                    But they've switched to a subscription model. And in my experience, the app has really bogged down with the last update or two.

I'm looking elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
                      But they've switched to a subscription model. And in my experience, the app has really bogged down with the last update or two.

I'm looking elsewhere
                      I don't have any issues or know anyone that pays the subscription. I have been using Imperihome for over 4 years now and before I even had HomeSeer. There are other options but this thread was never ment to start a discussion on the pro and cons of app's that work with HomeSeer.

I would suggest you roll back the updates on Imperihome or look at HomeRemote next if your unhappy of the recent updates in Imperihome. More people seem to be afraid of the unknown with the new owners and changes then actually have problems with app. I would bet you don't pay a subscription for it as I have not found anyone that does.

Comment

What I'm noticing and what my really problem is when HS3 disconnects from the network (internet or no internet) HS3 doesn't connect back on unless it is rebooted. Is there a way for HS3 to continuously try to reconnect to a giving network without having to reboot it every time? For example, your cellphone. If your phone is connected to network (Wi-Fi) and you walk outside your home and lose connection. When you walk back in your house your phone reconnect to your network without having to restart your phone. I have a LAN connection to my HomeTroller controller. Shouldn't this be how it works?

Comment

Yeah sort of...

Any HS3 plugin or core piece which is dependant on the internet should not shut down HS3 if a disconnect happens.

This could also be relating to the Homeseer dynamic DNS which is built in to HS3 whether enabled or not for use.

IE: if I disconnect my Samsung Hub, Amazon Echo here from the internet then it doesn't work.

If I disconnect my Almond + it still works (there is an off button on the Internet connection hub thing).

Try not using myhomeseer dot com on HS3 core, HS3 Designer, HS3 Touch.

Here do not use myhomeseer dot com and only access my HS3 mothership in the house via a VPN connection.

Personally have seen the use of ZWave remotely across the WAN talking to one HS3 mothership which saves cost in the purchase of another HS3 box but provides much lesser resilence for remote controlled automation.

This is not ideal (even though it works) as you put a dependency on the internet and or an always up VPN tunnel. Ideally you want to have a second HS3 box at a remote site that you do not have to babysit.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

By doing this. Disabling myhomeseer.com. I wouldn't have any control once I'm away from my house?

Comment

Disabling myhomeseer.com. I wouldn't have any control once I'm away from my house?

You would not have control via the proxy of myhomeseer.com.

Rather.

You can go back to the old methodology of opening your your firewall ports for access to port 80 or 443 for HS Web GUI and opening HSTouch port 10401.

or

Configure VPN to access all of your stuff at home.

Nowadays it is easy to configure VPN and you do not have to open up a bunch of ports on your firewall this way.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X