Failed getting InterfaceStatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed getting InterfaceStatus

Hello, I've installed the Wemo interface and enabled it in my system; however, the plug-in status continues to state "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Wemo - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

I've disabled and re-enabled the interface several times as well as deleted the instance and re-installed it to no avail. What is wrong or what am I missing??

Thanks

It sounds like the plugin is crashing before it even starts. Couple of questions:

Windows or Linux?
    How many network interfaces do you have on the devices?
    Do you see a file called Wemo.ini in the config sub folder?
    Do you see any other logs in the log file from the Wemo plugin?

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I am running windows (s6 hometroller). I have four other instances running on the system. I am unable to get to the confit sub folder as Wemo does not even appear under my plugins list - only appears under the "manage" tab under plugins.

I just disabled and reenabled the instance and the log states "finished initializing plug-in wemo"

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by KML View Post
        Thanks for the quick response. I am running windows (s6 hometroller). I have four other instances running on the system. I am unable to get to the confit sub folder as Wemo does not even appear under my plugins list - only appears under the "manage" tab under plugins.

I just disabled and reenabled the instance and the log states "finished initializing plug-in wemo"

Thanks again for the help.
        Ok, so sounds like the initialization of the plugin is working and then it's crashing. I understand the plugin doesn't stay running long enough to get to the settings page. Do you have access to the device's file system? In the Program Folders location you'll see a Homeseer directory, under this there is a config folder and in there would be the Wemo.ini file. If you can get access to this file, we can edit the file to change the logging level to debug so that we can get more information about what's happening.

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response. I finally had a chance to work with this a bit. When messing around on the Hometroller (s6) itself, i.e. hooking up monitor, etc., I saw that what was preventing the Wemo app from properly functioning is the absence of the Microsoft .Net program on the Homestroller Windows system. Apparently in this program must be downloaded and installed for the app to properly work.

I downloaded and installed .Net and the app works flawlessly now. I suggest mentioning in your instructions that this program is required for anyone interested in using this app on a windows-based machine.

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment

I have the same issue

I have .Net already installed though. Every 20 seconds it basically crashes and never fully opens. I can get to the settings page for about 10 seconds before it crashes. I tried writing log to file but it only logged this and stopped

2018-02-17 17:13:45.2186| DEBUG|HSPI_Wemo.PluginSettings.set_BindInterface|Saved Bind Interface Setting: 192.168.1.20
            2018-02-17 17:13:56.4483| DEBUG|HSPI_Wemo.PluginController+<DiscoverTimer_Elapsed>d__1 4.MoveNext|SSDP Devices Found:
            2018-02-17 17:13:56.5232| DEBUG|HSPI_Wemo.PluginController+<DiscoverTimer_Elapsed>d__1 4.MoveNext|Device: Sonos

This is what keeps cycling in the logs

Feb-17 5:19:35 PM Info Plugin Wemo with instance: has disconnected
            Feb-17 5:19:16 PM Info Plugin Wemo has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49613
            Feb-17 5:19:16 PM Warning I/O interface Wemo is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

Anything else i could try?

Thanks
            Louie

Comment

Originally posted by louielc View Post
              I have .Net already installed though. Every 20 seconds it basically crashes and never fully opens. I can get to the settings page for about 10 seconds before it crashes. I tried writing log to file but it only logged this and stopped

2018-02-17 17:13:45.2186| DEBUG|HSPI_Wemo.PluginSettings.set_BindInterface|Saved Bind Interface Setting: 192.168.1.20
              2018-02-17 17:13:56.4483| DEBUG|HSPI_Wemo.PluginController+<DiscoverTimer_Elapsed>d__1 4.MoveNext|SSDP Devices Found:
              2018-02-17 17:13:56.5232| DEBUG|HSPI_Wemo.PluginController+<DiscoverTimer_Elapsed>d__1 4.MoveNext|Device: Sonos

Feb-17 5:19:16 PM Warning I/O interface Wemo is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

Thanks
              Louie
              Thanks for the post, it looks like maybe the SONOS device is causing it to crash according to this dump. Let me see if I can get a fix and push an update out.

Comment

Originally posted by louielc View Post

Thanks
                Louie
                Posted an update, see if that helps

Comment

That seems to have worked. Thanks for fixing it so quickly!!

Comment

Working...
                  X