Compatibility with Sonos plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatibility with Sonos plug-in

I am using a handful of Android clients and Dirk's Sonos plug-in for speech. I am not using the HS speaker client.

Can this plug-in be configured to use a Sonos linkgroup as a speaker client? If anyone is using it to work with HomeSeer clients as well as Sonos clients could I get some tips on how to setup a BLSpeech speaker for use with the Sonos plug-in?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

I do not believe that any integration is possible. Particularly since you aren't using Speaker.exe. It's a shame since BLSpeech is the be all and end all for what it does.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      I do not believe that any integration is possible. Particularly since you aren't using Speaker.exe. It's a shame since BLSpeech is the be all and end all for what it does.
      I suppose I could run speaker.exe. When I'm running on a VM there is no hardware to support it,but I think it will load.

How does that make a difference? Is it in the Sonos plug-in or in BLSpeech?

Comment

Rqndy, I'm in a bit of a tight spot ATM as my desktop has been down for a while (hence infrequent and short post as of late. Phone only) so I can't properly break it all down just now. New machine this week though.

I think,

The short answer is you are not going to be able to use BLSpeech. Unfortunately.

The good news is that you can sell the Sones stuff for a profit and get a Russound system!

Comment

Randy, I know that this thread is dated, did you ever figure out if BLSpeech works with SONOS? If yes what did you have to do and in what manner did you use BLSpeech? Mike

PS Looks like Colin is pimping the Russound system again... I had a similar comment in regards to SONOS.
          Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
          Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
          HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
            Randy, I know that this thread is dated, did you ever figure out if BLSpeech works with SONOS? If yes what did you have to do and in what manner did you use BLSpeech? Mike

PS Looks like Colin is pimping the Russound system again... I had a similar comment in regards to SONOS.
            I could never get it to work. It might, but I ran out of patience about the same time as the trial ended.

I decided to write a script that builds linkgroups, sets levels, sets source and enables the chosen clients. The script looks to an ini file for phrases. I then run an event that runs the script with two parameters, the tag fr the speech phrase and an overall volume "adder". The volume adder can be an integer from -99 to +99 to adjust the overall level to a minimum of 1 or a maximum of 99. By default the script will run all 8 Sonos devices at levels set by virtual devices. Within the event that calls the script, I can disable any of the clients I want quiet, use an adder integer if I want the announcement louder or softer than usual. There are two types of spoken phrases, an "announcement" or an "alert" An alert is automatically louder than an announcement as set by another virtual device. Within the text strings in the ini file I can use delays and set voices.

I can post a lot more details if anyone is interested.

Comment

Any news on this ? Is this possible to use blspeech with Sonos Unit?

I do not understand why i cannot simply put $SONOS$All$ in the speach plugin.

am am able to use the $SONOS$All$ command in blgdata for speakeing calendar events.. what is different here ?

thanks
              Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                Any news on this ? Is this possible to use blspeech with Sonos Unit?

I do not understand why i cannot simply put $SONOS$All$ in the speach plugin.

am am able to use the $SONOS$All$ command in blgdata for speakeing calendar events.. what is different here ?

thanks
                Matt
                Have you tried it in BLSpeech?

Show me what you are doing in BLGData
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  Have you tried it in BLSpeech?

Show me what you are doing in BLGData
                  Hi blade. I was not subscribed to this post, so sorry for the delay.

I use this directly in a handler :

HS[SpeakClient~This is a test~$SONOS$ALL].

or

HS[SpeakClient~This is a test~$SONOS$Hallway].

etc.

And this works.
                  Last edited by ; March 22, 2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

If you are using Speak with BLSpeech installed and running as a speech proxy then BLSpeech is speaking the message for you

Maybe I am missing something... What exactly are you trying to do in BLSpeech that it is not letting you?
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I was trying to get Jon00's speak PI to work, but could not get it to work for me. I am using Android clients (via the tasker PI) and Sonos for my TTS. I came across this PI and it looks really good. Not sure it can do what I was looking for (repeat TTS messages on demand). But even if it cant it has features I wanted to for a while, like specifying voice and volumes etc.
                      Looking at this thread I might be out of luck with Sonos or has that changed ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                        I was trying to get Jon00's speak PI to work, but could not get it to work for me. I am using Android clients (via the tasker PI) and Sonos for my TTS. I came across this PI and it looks really good. Not sure it can do what I was looking for (repeat TTS messages on demand). But even if it cant it has features I wanted to for a while, like specifying voice and volumes etc.
                        Looking at this thread I might be out of luck with Sonos or has that changed ?

No change. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                        X