This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device value updates - can you add it?

is there any way that you can update device values as they are sent across? I am using the MCS 1 wire for Xap and it works great except that this plugin here will not update the device values with my temperatures.. one of my applications requires use of a device values and requires pretty fast updates so I run into issues as I cant trigger based on a device string in homeseer directly, I need to trigger a script when the value of the temp changes in any way.. plus perform numerical actions on the temperature value itself.

-Christopher
    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

I have a similar problem. I've installed mcsXap1wire and the xAP plugin. Initially, the temperature changes show up in Homeseer fine but after a while the plugin stops recognizing the updates that mcsXap1wire sends over. Even sending xapbsc.query does not work after a while. I've turned debug on on the plugin and in the beginning I can see the packet that mcsXap1wire sends over in response to the query. However, after a while (about a day or so) the query gets sent out but the response is not recognized. I have monitored both situations in a hub and can see that mcsXap1wire sends the response correctly. What I have noticed while in debug mode and during the period that the mcsXap1wire response does get processed is the following: "Incoming message stage 1 FAIL - Target mismatch" followed by the name of the virtual device that was set up for the temperature reading. However, the temperature reading gets updated fine. Again, after a while even this message does not show up when mcsXap1wire sends the packet.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Comment

I havent had any problems with my communications, my main thing is that the plugin doesnt set a device VALUE for the temperatures only a device string, and homeseer cant trigger based on a device string only a device value, so i either have to run a script every 1 or 2 seconds to update the device value or i have to deal with slow response.. and in my application speed is of the essence when it comes to reading this particular temperature. so far my coms are good. ive used both Hubgui and hubconsole.. hubconsole seems to be really stable so far. hubgui uses a bit more CPU than I liked.
      -Christopher
      PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

I may have misunderstood since I am not using mcsxap1wire. The best solution would be to get things changed so that the temperature is placed in devicevalue. I am sure that James can comment of this issue.

As an interim measure you could create a xAP variable and trigger an event within the xAP conduit. You can create a xAP variable within the conduit based on items in the xAP message. The variable will then be accessible using hs.GetVar with the variable name xAP_<the name of your var>. You can also trigger a script directly within the conduit whenever a xAP device changes. You could use this to perform the processing that you want to do or to place the value in the device.

Make sure you have an up to date release of the conduit. I am on 0.8.155

I hope that helps.

BR
        David

Comment

I havent yet successfully figured out how to set up a xap variable with the 1 wire data. I dont know enough about it yet to know what im missing.. I have a xap viewer and I get the source and such but the xap variable screen wants several fields that I dont know where im to get the information from. my whole idea is to NOT have to run a script every 2 seconds to update a devicevalue. I want my script that works with the data (the HVAC controller script) to run only when I see a change in the Temperature of the sensor. if someone is using 1 wire with Xap and can tell me how im to get that data int oa variable that helps so I could then trigger my script to update the device value only when that variable changes id be in better shape.
          -Christopher

Comment

Maybe I wasn't very clear in my explanation but the xAP conduit script can be triggered only on the change of the temperature device or on a change to the newly defined variable. If you need to only trigger when the temperature has reached a certain level then this mechanism would require a script to check the value but it should be pretty fast. It would be better to get the value update but I am just trying to suggest an interim measure.

If you paste the xAP message here then I can tell you what values you have to put in the xAP variable screen.

BR
            David

Comment

If you do an approach with triggering based upon message parameters then I would suggest simply using xapmcsScript and avoid the overhead of a Homeseer plugin. The principal is identical with the message filter specified and the script statement to run when the message is received. In your case the filter can be null since the only xAP messages you are generating are those from xapmcs1Wire.

Comment

since all im looking to do is get a device value changed when the string changes i I dont need to compare or such.. just if it changes at all.. which is why the supertrigger plugin wouldnt work.. it expects to have some sort of comparison to be done where i want t to trigger only when the string changes and I dont care what it changes to.. similar to the HS trigger of device value changed to any value.

all im trying to do here is avoid running a script every 2 seconds to keep the device value updated. its so simple.. I have a single 1 wire temp sensor and I want the device value updated Quickly.. just for this one. this sensor is responsible for controlling the Supply air temperature for my HVAC system so it requires speed as to not overshoot the setpoints my algorithm calculates.

the original garyga 1 wire program does exactly what I need.. but it chomps memory and eventually is the demise of my system operations. MCStemp is good but way overkill for what I need and locks my system on maint shutdowns. if only a teeny tiny little app like MCS_ZAP_1Wire existed and would update Homeseer device values..

my other 12 temp sensors i dont care about speed with them so a script that runs once per minute and updates their device values is more than sufficient.

so the ultimate solution to my problem is that this plugin can create device values based on the strings.

MCS 1 wire creates several devices... im not sure what all of them are.. one of them is just my temperature which is good.. another is some kind of state. 3rd one is my temp then a #176 and an f..im assuming it was supposed to be a degree symbol. ..the one with just the temp could be a simple pull a value function. generally if a string is just text it will get a value of 0 which wouldnt hurt anything i wouldnt think.

too bad MCS wont release his plugin that does update values...
                -Christopher

Comment

Working...
                X