This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this plugin still supported ?

I seem unable to get the seeramp.removesong procedure to work correctly.

Everytime I call the function the playlist goes blank.

StevenE
    Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Is this plugin still a going concern?

I second the original question: Is this plugin still actively supported? - I'm considering purchasing it, since it appears to do some things that I need, and haven't been able to accomplish with any other solutions. However, I don't want to shell out 60 bucks for software that might leave me high & dry if there are problems....

I have installed it as a trial, I have scoured through the forums & found all the various snippets of help files & documentation that has been floated over the years & downloaded them all.

I have succeeded in implementing a remote winamp instance controlled by the plugin, and with winamp triggers initiating HS events in pretty-much real time, and so far I'm impressed.

I have one immediate question though:

In one of the forum posts is a snippet of script which uses a SeerAmp procedure called: ".GetID3Info" - this doesn't appear to be documented anywhere other than in that forum post... I've tried to implement it with curiously varying degrees of success:...

I have a playlist loaded with about 20 tracks, I'm using the following in a script to test the function:
    msgbox "GetID3Info says: " & hs.Plugin("SeerAMP").GetID3Info(1, 2) & " by " & hs.Plugin("SeerAMP").GetID3Info(1, 0)

The odd thing is, for the vast majority of the tracks, the result of this is: "GetID3Ifo says: [no output] by [no output]" - but for a few of the tracks it correctly displays the songname & artist name in place of those "[no output]" items. I think the split is about 16/4 or thereabouts. - It's *not* because the ID3 tags are missing on the tracks that don't show the correct info, - all the tracks in the playlist are fully tagged with all the relevant details in both the V1 and V2 tag fields. I've even seen a case where the result was "GetID3Ifo says: Correct song title by [no output]" - i.e. it retrived one of the fields but not the other...

FYI, using the .songtitle procedure works every time, but of course returns both the artist and song title as a single string, and I'd like to have the flexibility of having them seperate. - I know I could of course do some string splitting in the script to get the same result, but I'm nevertheless curious as to why that proceddure appears to work some times, but not others...

Thanks.

Paul G.

Comment

Paul & Steven

Thank you for your interest in SeerAMP. The author of this plugin says he would like to completly rework it, but he can't seem to find the time.

The API to seeramp.removesong has never worked, it was one of the first corrections I asked for years ago. It would be a great feature, allowing us to edit a playlist on-the-fly.

As for the ".GetID3Info" API, well I'm not sure, I have never used it.

Sorry I'm not much help, but I think you understand why I posted. "Don't waste you money at this time" I don't see this plugin being fixed anytime soon.

Comment

HiTech,

Thanks for the info... - annoyingly, that gives me just as much of a dilemma now to decide what to do... - In essence, I need something that can get a songtitle into a HS device from a remote Winamp, in order to update a HSTouch screen, - so it needs to be fast...

Of all the other Winamp plugins & methods that I've thought of and tried, none works as well at accomplishing this basic aim as well as the SeerAmp plugin does right now; for the core aim of what I need to do, it works, and it works well (by which I mean speedily, and so far, reliably).. In 24 days or thereabouts, the trial period will be up, and it will stop working...

I don't need to do playlist manipulation right now, so the .removesong bug doesn't bother me... Similarly, I was able to work around the errors in the .GetID3Info feature as I described, - by string splitting the result of the .songtitle command, so I have it doing just exactly what I require for this application.

The dilemma is whether to pony up 60 bucks - given the (seemingly) probable doubt over the support situation...

Decisions, decisions...

Cheers.

Paul G.

Comment

Moving over from the HStouch thread to here for more specific questions...

I am with Paul, using HStouch and wanting to use this plugin.
          In the help file is a price for $29 but in the Udater it is $59. It also promises a lifetime support but I don't see any support here for years.
          Did I miss something? His site seems down too.

All in all I think I it is a pitty, that this nice plugin is not supported or developed anymore. Why not give the source or the plugin to this community instead of support promises that cannot be kept?

Just my 2cents.

Bastiaan

Comment

I hate to bring up 3rd party options, but i did find this winamp plugin that you use a vbscript for winamp control and can retrieve some information.

Currently it does not support multiple instances, it may be possible if a few of us ask the author he may add that support.

I have tested it and seems to work ok, does mostly what I want.

http://www.pretentiousname.com/gen_scripting/index.html

Just a thought..

StevenE
            Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

Steven, it looks like a lot of work to get it going but it is certainly an option.

Just another questtion:
              Which versions are you guys using?

I am using winamp 5.551 and don't get the playlists up.

In the settings of SeerAmp it asks for the location of the playlists but I don't see any playlist generated around the winamp dirs.

Bastiaan

Comment

Working...
              X