Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network?

Ok, so this time read up on this one, but how do Delete the links?
    "To clean this up, visit the source device and delete the links associated with the unregistered addresses" How is this done?

These are new switches, they shouldn't be linked?

The following are unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network.
    11.78.D7 found in Master Bedroom Hi-Hats
    20.99.27 found in Master Bedroom Hi-Hats
    FF.FF.FF found in Master Bedroom Hi-Hats
    20.77.D5 found in Outside Backyard Floods
    11.11.12 found in Outside Front Porch Light

Thanks again.
    -Skybolt

SB
    Go to manage devices. Look for the device in question, like Master Bedroom Hi Hats. Next to the device in the device list is a link icon. Click that. Click the checkboxes next to the bad links, and press delete selected links.
    Paul

Comment

I would do a factory reset on the new switches and then rerun the program for homeseer function to recreate the necessary links.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
        SB
        Go to manage devices. Look for the device in question, like Master Bedroom Hi Hats. Next to the device in the device list is a link icon. Click that. Click the checkboxes next to the bad links, and press delete selected links.
        Wow!, So how did I miss the elephant in the room ... Thank you!
        -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          I would do a factory reset on the new switches and then rerun the program for homeseer function to recreate the necessary links.
          Excelant advice, except I did that. Very strange. However these extra switches made my Bulblinc issues moot.
          -Skybolt

Comment

That's the sign that those devices were used before
            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
              That's the sign that those devices were used before
              Maybe tested? or re-packed and sold. Those dirty no good re-packers!
              Probably - factory refurb? - either way they looked band new in bag and plastic on switch, new wires etc. ...

But I have to agree with you, that's what I thought when I saw that.
              -Skybolt

Comment

I bought some used devices that had links from the previous owner. That wreaked havoc on some switches and groups until I figured it out. Things can get better when those links are gone.
                Paul

Comment

These were new from SM. Spent $300 on four switches and two bulblincs ...

I was able to delete them fine though, very strange.
                  -Skybolt

Comment

Deleting unregistered link tied to Externally registered device

Mark, is there a way to delete an unregistered link tied to an Externally registered device, other than doing a factory reset?

Comment

Originally posted by diazhome View Post
                      Mark, is there a way to delete an unregistered link tied to an Externally registered device, other than doing a factory reset?
                      to delete a link from the ext device, check the device manual. there should be a way to unlink it from another device.

if the link exists on the device page within the plugin, you can delete the link from the registered device. this won't do anything for the externally
                      registered device.

ps. feel free to start a new thread instead of replying to a really old one.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Comment

can you copy and paste the unregistered list and the reread the links and settings of the switchlinc and copy and paste those links\

i need to see this.

the unregistered list is based on device links. so i don't understand why its not showing on the device links page
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

==> Copy & Paste below (I deleted the non-relevant entries):

You have 69 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 4 external device(s), and 5 group(s).
                            These devices and groups currently consume 346 link database entries in your interface.*
                            You have 224 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

* Click the Display Interface Links button below to update this number.

The following are unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network.

2F.7A.F3 found in Office Fan Light

Externally registered device: EZIO1 (Insteon Address 0C.AF.7A) registered through Insteon_ExtDevSupport.vb method EZIO1Rcv
                            Externally registered device: EZIO2 (Insteon Address 0C.B2.2F) registered through Insteon_ExtDevSupport.vb method EZIO2Rcv
                            Externally registered device: Downstairs (Insteon Address 20.44.7E) registered through method
                            Externally registered device: Upstairs (Insteon Address 2F.7A.F3) registered through method

==> And the SwitchLinc's link table (note that the Thermostat 2F.7A.F3 link is not listed):

Device Link Table

Link #4 Button A controls Upstairs Hallway Can Lights (16.25.8E)
                            Link #5 Button B controls Entry Foyer Chandelier (2F.EE.24)
                            Link #25 Button C controls Office Bathroom Lights (20.AB.E7)
                            Link #8 Button D controls Downstairs South Porch Lights (1D.BC.BD)
                            Link #9 Button D controls Downstairs West Porch Lights (42.D8.7F)
                            Link #11 Button D controls Exterior - Southwest Floods - Playground (1D.C0.B7)
                            Link #6 Button D controls Upstairs Balcony - South Lights by Office (48.20.E9)
                            Link #10 Button D controls Exterior - Southeast Floods (E13) (12.67.70)
                            Link #7 Button D controls Upstairs Balcony - West Lights by Master BR (12.67.2D)
                            Link #23 Button On/Load controls Unregistered Device (3C.A7.34)
                            Link #13 Button A has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #14 Button B has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #15 Button C has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #16 Button D has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #12 Button On/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #24 Button A is controlled by Upstairs Hallway Can Lights (16.25.8E) - Command: On
                            Link #26 Button C is controlled by Office Bathroom Lights (20.AB.E7) - Command: On
                            Link #21 Button C is controlled by Unregistered Device Group 1 (3C.A7.34) - Command: On
                            Link #30 Button C is controlled by Unregistered Device Group 1 (3C.A7.34) - Command: On
                            Link #17 Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level 0%, Ramp Rate 2 Sec.
                            Link #1 Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .5 Sec.
                            Link #18 Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.
                            Link #3 Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #28 Registered Group #2 'House Upstairs' - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.
                            Link #2 Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #38 Registered Group #4 'House Bedtime Lights' - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .5 Sec.
                            Link #27 Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #39 Registered Group #5 'House ALL Units except Pool Pump' - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.
                            Link #22 Button On/Load is controlled by Unregistered Device Group 18 (3C.A7.34) - On Level 0%, Ramp Rate .5 Sec.

Warning: This Insteon device controls or is controlled by devices you have not yet registered with the plug-in. HomeSeer may not be aware of any control commands that might come from the unregistered device. Please add the unknown device to your system if possible.

==> Please let me know if you prefer I send you screen shots.

Comment

well that's strange. not sure how this is happening

i'll check the code over the weekend
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X