Example Usage: Laundry Completion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Example Usage: Laundry Completion

If you're using a Brultech ECM 1240 or GreenEye with the UltraECM3 HSPI to monitor your laundry circuit, then here is a quick easy way to notify the members of the household that the laundry cycle has completed. The event uses a HomeSeer counter to make sure the completion notification is only triggered once.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

I used your plug-in with the light in an HSM200 for notification of both the washing machine and dryer cycle completion as discussed in this thread. It has proved to be a hit with my wife and may have helped her turn the corner on HA overall. I have since added pushover messages to her iPad and iPhone at her request to augment the LED.
    Last edited by randy; April 23, 2015, 08:43 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

The wife is gonna like this one.

Great thinking and thanks for the share.

Charlie
      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I wonder if I can do this event on me Aeons smart switch?

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldm View Post
          I wonder if I can do this event on me Aeons smart switch?
          Yes, that will work as well. You need to make sure the reporting frequency set in parameters is sufficiently often to work with your events.

Comment

I had problems with the counter in this event. The notification event would continue to fire over and over until I disable the event. Think there was an issue with the counter resetting. Being others haven't had an issue , I think it's a mistake on my part. Will have more time next month to look at it.

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
            PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
              I had problems with the counter in this event. The notification event would continue to fire over and over until I disable the event. Think there was an issue with the counter resetting. Being others haven't had an issue , I think it's a mistake on my part. Will have more time next month to look at it.

You might want to try making the trigger such that the Washing Machine has been 0 watts for at least 2 minutes, because it may have various times in its cycle where the current drops but the full cycle has not completed.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                You might want to try making the trigger such that the Washing Machine has been 0 watts for at least 2 minutes, because it may have various times in its cycle where the current drops but the full cycle has not completed.
                Randy,
                How do I add those 2 minutes on the event? I cant find something that will add those 2 minutes in the "if then" statement.

Comment

I "think" but I'm not at home, the issue I had was with the action "reset counter to 0". Because the counter never reset to 0 and stayed at 1, the event would continue to fire and send lots of notifications. Im new to counters and didn't spend much time on it.

Comment

Also, observering my standby wattage when the dryer is not in use, I observed 3-4 watts (probily the Electronics). So I used a value of "Less than 10 watts) as a trigger".

Comment

Randy,
                      How do I add those 2 minutes on the event? I cant find something that will add those 2 minutes in the "if then" statement.
                      First of all, I don't use a counter, I use a timer and a virtual device per appliance. These events have been bulletproof over the last 8 months or so. They will let my wife know within a maximum of 2 minutes after the washing machine and dryer are finished. I tailor times and current levels for each device. I monitor refrigerator, chest freezers, washer, dryer, coffee pot and dishwasher. The virtual device allows me to see at a glance whether an appliance is running. The timer allows me to adjust for any idle time that might be involved while the appliance is running. Two minutes is sufficient for most appliances that have defined run cycles, but the chest freezers and refrigerator have longer periods where the compressor is not running. For the refrigerator and chest freezers, I send an alert if the compressor has not cycled within what I determine is the longest "idle" time they might present.

Our laundry and my home office is in the basement, when I am in my office, I know when the coffee is ready upstairs. The coffee warmer will stop after two hours, but if it is restarted it stays on. The virtual device lets me know if the warmer has cycled off, or if I have forgotten and left it on after restarting it. My wife doesn't want to trek downstairs until the laundry cycles are done.

The dryer is easier, since the blower and drum motors run for the entire cycle, so there is really no idle time. Even so, i still use the same 4 events for the sake of consistency.

Below are my events for the washing machine:

The first is when the washing machine is started. While it may draw 3-4 watts when the electronics are alive (my wife has opened the door or made some settings), I know that 20 watts marks the beginning of a real cycle. This prevents false alerts of a finished cycle until one is actually started. When that 20 watt threshold is passed and the virtual device is off, I turn it on. All four of the events are set to "Cannot re-run for 1 minute", not because it is needed, it is just a practice I have gotten in the habit of.

This is a high efficiency front loading washing machine so it only draws about 30 watts when the drum is turning, between cycles and/or when the water is filling, it drops to about 10 watts. This will trigger the appliance stopped event, which starts a timer - only if the timer is not already running.

The appliance running event is triggered if the current rises again while the timer is running device is on, stopping and resetting the timer

When the timer reaches the value determined appropriate for this appliance the final appliance finished event is triggered. It resets the timer and turns the virtual device off.

The change in value of the virtual devices triggers speak events, pushover notices, emails and/or color changes on an HSM200, depending on the appliance.

The virtual devices also give me a nice "at a glance" HSTouch display of appliance status.

Comment

Thanks Randy i will give it a shot. Im using the Aeons smart energy switch. I turn off the polling too. i will start a thread event clinic if i dont get this thing to work.

Comment

Thanks Randy i will give it a shot. Im using the Aeons smart energy switch. I turn off the polling too. i will start a thread event clinic if i dont get this thing to work.
                          The Aeotec Smart Energy Switch does not need to be polled. They report based upon settings. They also report watts on two child nodes. For appliance monitoring it is best to set one of the watt reporting nodes for frequent reporting. If you use the event above I would make sure the timer trigger is greater than the reporting frequency of the switch. For instance if you have the switch reporting every 2 minutes, the finished event should trigger at 3 minutes. The power reporting of the GEM with UltraJones' plug-in is once a minute. The events can be adjusted to work with any reporting frequency, but it can affect how long after a cycle is finished before you are notified.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

The change in value of the virtual devices triggers speak events, pushover notices, emails and/or color changes on an HSM200, depending on the appliance.

How do i do this event?

Does channging from OFF to ON will trigger this event?Let say you just started the Washing machine and the value is greater that 20watts it will turn on the Virtual device(change in value to ON ) Is this consider in change of value?

any help will be appreciated.Thanks in Advance

Comment

How do i do this event?

Does channging from OFF to ON will trigger this event?Let say you just started the Washing machine and the value is greater that 20watts it will turn on the Virtual device(change in value to ON ) Is this consider in change of value?

any help will be appreciated.Thanks in Advance
                              The change in value of a device is used to trigger an event. In the first event below the change in value to OFF of the washing machine virtual device triggers the event. The event sends a pushover message to our phones. The second event is the speak action for the event. The reason I separated the two actions is that we want the ability to mute speak events.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X