Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS ASCII interface: get status (gs) actually sets the device to its current status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS ASCII interface: get status (gs) actually sets the device to its current status

Here's what I've observed when sending a 'get status' through the ASCII interface:
    - entries in the log get generated, such as "Device Control Device: 2 [2:S. TV] V_TV_LED to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler" - notice the "... to ..."
    - HS returns the appropriate current status
    - BUT, since HS appears to be setting a device value, any triggers of the type "had its value set to " get triggered

I'm so grateful to have the HS ASCII interface that I don't want to complain. But this apparent behavior would be counter intuitive.

Can HS or anyone confirm the behavior I'm seeing?

EDIT - This behavior was actually a bug in the client, so HS did its job just fine.
    Last edited by claude; April 16, 2015, 06:07 PM.

I'm not sure I understand the issue. Would you expect "had its value set to " not get triggered when turning on a device? When you manipulate a device on/off it's value will change.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rupp,

The key is the first line of my post "... sending a 'get status' through the ASCII interface ...". I'm not setting anything, just querying the status.

Comment

Ah, I saw " ... ries in the log get generated, such as "Device Control Device: 2 [2:S. TV] V_TV_LED to On (100) " and thought you sent a device control. What this exact query you are using?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Ah, I saw " ... ries in the log get generated, such as "Device Control Device: 2 [2:S. TV] V_TV_LED to On (100) " and thought you sent a device control. What this exact query you are using?
          gs,[RefId] ... as the thread title says
          Last edited by claude; April 11, 2015, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X