Failed Getting InterfaceStatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed Getting InterfaceStatus

Getting this in plug in management window. Tried disabling plugin, killing any instances of hspi_kinect, restarting plugin...no joy. tried restarting computer...no joy.

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Kinect - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
    Attached Files
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

what do you see in the logs?
    can you access the config page? If you can, please set the log level to debug? If you can't manually edit Config/Kinect.ini and add the following lines:
    Code:
    [GENERAL]
    log_level=Debug
    then restart the plugin and post your logs

have you installed the Kinect SDK as explained in the User Guide?

Comment

this is in the log:

Nov-29 11:10:08 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Kinect
      Nov-29 11:10:08 PM Error Initializing plug-in(2): Kinect Instance::Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Kinect, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.STACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
      Nov-29 11:10:08 PM Info Plugin Kinect has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:61269
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

This error means you haven't installed the Kinect SDK (drivers) as specified in the User Guide

Comment

Oh, I thought it only had to be installed on the computer that would have the Kinect connected to it. I'll fix that today, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Plugins:

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
            Oh, I thought it only had to be installed on the computer that would have the Kinect connected to it. I'll fix that today, thanks!
            well, you're right, the SDK needs to be installed on the computer that has the Kinect connected to it. However the plugin needs to run on the computer that has the Kinect connected to it too, so if it is not the same computer than your HS3 computer, then you need to run the plugin as a remote plugin

see the Remote instances section in the user guide: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...19#post1132519

Comment

Working...
            X