Here Comes Google Home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here Comes Google Home!

Google Home to debut at I/O, report says...

Your link points to content requiring a paid subscription. Is there any chance the story is in the public domain?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Here's one: http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/17/11...omorrow-report
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Man, I can't even keep up with what I've invested into back in 2013. But I do love Google products!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
        HSPro: 3.0.0.194
        PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
        HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Wow...this is going to be a hell of a product, Google search engine is much superior
          Then Bing which Amazon uses. I hope HS catches up with this one.
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

And here I was on the verge of buying an Echo. I might still anyway (price might drop on the heels of this announcement), don't want to wait a minimum of months. Exciting though! The article seemed to infer 3rd party developers could do integration leading up to the launch so more stuff is available at launch. If that were true Google would probably need to hand out eval units to integrators early. I'd be happy to pay for one and do bleeding edge testing.

Comment

I'd be more enthusiastic if there was a way to bypass the voice command - internet - home again - homeseer.
              Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                I'd be more enthusiastic if there was a way to bypass the voice command - internet - home again - homeseer.
                +1
                Hector
                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Latest news:
                  http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/18/11...istant-io-2016

Comment

I will be advocating for HomeSeer when possible with Google employees. I am attending a conference in September there although I am not going to I/O this year. I have already shown several of the employees my HomeSeer system however I wish my touch pads would work, it was a huge embarrassment. I had voice recognition through my Android phone working pretty well by that time though, it was impressive.

I also get the opportunity sometimes to recommend testers so I will let anyone interested know if that comes up for this product.

I don't work at Google but participate frequently with internal testing as a TC.

Comment

Great video for Google Home...

http://www.techinsider.io/google-home-video-2016-5

and the waiting list begins:

https://home.google.com/
                      Bryan
                      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I signed up on the list. The comments leading into the video sounded like what you are looking at is their "vision" and perhaps not all actually working yet. Some Hollywood type production work in there...

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
                          Great video for Google Home...

http://www.techinsider.io/google-home-video-2016-5

and the waiting list begins:

https://home.google.com/

Yes, cute video. However, we all know stuff doesn't just work like that.

Is anyone close to having their Echo that integrated with their lives? I wouldn't put my setup at more than about 60% of that and I still get a lot of failed or misunderstood commands.

Perhaps most importantly I still haven't figured out how to prevent Alexa playing Uptown Funk at volume 10 every time my 3YO tells her to
                          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                            Yes, cute video. However, we all know stuff doesn't just work like that.

Is anyone close to having their Echo that integrated with their lives? I wouldn't put my setup at more than about 60% of that and I still get a lot of failed or misunderstood commands.

Perhaps most importantly I still haven't figured out how to prevent Alexa playing Uptown Funk at volume 10 every time my 3YO tells her to
                            My family has totally embraced the Echo. The only thing that continues to drive my wife crazy is "Alex, set a two minute timer" Alexa almost always replies "Ten minute timer"

My 8yr old plays music on it all the time from prime music.

We all use it to control lights:
                            Alexa, turn off the kitchen lights
                            Alexa, turn off the living room lights
                            Alexa turn the house off

The last one is a new one that prepares the house for no occupancy - leaving for the day or at night, etc. It runs a series of events to turn just about every z-wave light in the house.
                            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I also get invites to try Google products or software that I can give out sometimes as well that will jump the line for a closed beta. Post here if you are interested and if I can get any then I will offer them to the people expressing interest in the order posted. Of course you should also sign up at their web page if interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X