www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Blade Plug-Ins > BLSpeech (3P)

BLSpeech (3P) Discussion of BLSpeech plug-in

Old June 9th, 2016, 12:35 AM
Super Seer

Building Script For Speech... Need Advise

I think I finally have BL Speech doing most of what I need (still dealing with a bug that doesn't wait for speech to finish before moving to the next step though), and I want to move forward with creating the ability to control where the speech goes depending on time of day and motion in rooms. This idea was discussed in a previous thread a while ago and think I am to a point that I want to try and build something to make it a reality.

I am curious to see if others have done something similar already and like to share ideas?

My thoughts here is to create one script that I can send parameters to, namely what I want spoken. Based off if there is motion in a room, or time of day (example being early morning not send them to the bedroom when wife is asleep) based off a virtual device I already have created for other events and house modes.

I have some ideas in my head, but each time I think about it, I feel I might be over analyzing. I'm still a noob when it comes to scripting, but starting to understand things.

Also once (if) I get it completed and working, I can share for those that might be interested in doing something similar.