This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Mark!

Thanks Mark for the awesome replace interface function!
    I had a hub die tonight. I got the alert email from Homeseer telling me the hub stopped responding at 8:34pm. After checking it and seeing it had no lights and wouldn't respond to a reboot, i knew it had died. I got in the car and drove to menards to pick up a new one and brought it back home and plugged it in. I adjusted the DHCP reservation for the new mac address, and entered the new username and PW into the plugin. I restarted the plugin and it connected right away. I then ran the replace interface function and it ran thru the list of 23 devices. It successfully programmed all but one. (still gotta figure that one out) And it's only 9:50pm. The only thing that would have made it easier is if it ran around the house and put my few RF devices into linking mode for me. (just kidding of course)

The hub may have been showing signs of failure. I had an instance last week where i lost communications to the hub while away at work. But it reset fine when i got home. This weekend i got my new smart meter installed. That came with about 45 seconds of pulsing and flickering lights, and unprotected computers rebooting a few times. That debacle may have contributed to the hub's demise. I don' know, but I'm reporting the incident to the power company anyhow. Maybe they'll pay for the new hub.
Working...
X