Control A/V equipment recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control A/V equipment recommendations

I have Homeseer set up on a HP MEdia Center PC, everything is working flawlessly.

Now I would like to expand to adding full control of all audio gear in my home theater setup.

From the research I have done so far it looks like my options are:

USB-UIRT - 59.00
    Ocelot - 199.00 seems to have a lot of features I wouldn't need.
    PC to IR Linc II - 109.00 http://www.smarthome.com/1623PC.HTML

It looks like the PC to IR Linc would work well for my needs.

Does anyone have any recommendations or insighte they can provide!

Thanks,

Bill

The USB_UIRT is much more popular, according to post volume. I believe it is also better supported with applications and plugins for media software.

Comment

I use the USB-UIRT and love it.

The blaster is very strong. I have the device sitting on a shelf in my entertainment center facing out into the room so that the receive end is also facing into the room. The blaster has no trouble controlling the equipment, even the HDTV that is set a full 8" further forward than the device.

I also use a lot of events that are triggered on IR match and they work very well.

I have a set of picture windows that face a bit east and in the early AM there is quite a bit of ambient sunlight, even then it has no trouble controlling my equipment or catching remote signals for IR matching

Sgt-Baker

Comment

Is there native support for it in HomeSeer? It doesn't appear on the interface list and I don't see a plugin for it.

Also, how do I tell it which audio equipment I have? DO I need to use each remote and the software with the USB-UIRT, or do I use homeseer?

Also is there a library of commands, or all learned functions?

Thanks,

Bill

Comment

Bill,

There is a plugin for it so you can control it straight from Homeseer.
          Search this forum or send an email to the developer www.usbuirt.com

Grtz,
          Dutch

Comment

Ocelot v. USB-UIRT

Has anybody used both the USB-UIRT and the ocelot? I am looking for a comparison on ease of use. I know the Ocelot has more functionality, but how are they for IR?

Comment

Working...
            X