Logitech Security cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech Security cameras

Has anyone had any experience with these new plug and play cameras and any thoughts on how you might interface them to Homeseer? Thanks.

If you're talking about these http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/we.../4326&cl=us,en

They are very expensive for a wireless CMOS camera. You would be better off looking at a good wired camera or a good network camera. These wireless cameras simply do not play well with other wireless devices.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Any good suggestions? I looked at the Logitech as well... it looks pretty simple to install and use, but I would really like to be able to tie them into HS2.

Greg

Comment

I could not find any data on the "wireless" feature of the Logitech camera.

A week ago I purchased a wireless security camera (2.4 GHz). It was a disaster. I did not realize my phone system was also 2.4GHz. Even though the camera had 4 different channels, only 1 of the channels gave a reasonable picture, and that channel killed my wireless router. So I returned the camera and got a wired one.

Steve Q
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
          Has anyone had any experience with these new plug and play cameras and any thoughts on how you might interface them to Homeseer? Thanks.
          I tried one out. As Rupp says, they're on the expensive side, and I concluded I could do better. (They're 'wireless' in the sense that they use power line ethernet, so you just plug them in. The indoor cameras have a power injector included in the power line ethernet adapter, so there is just a cat5 from what is essentially a fancy wall wart to the camera. The outdoor cameras look like they have the ethernet adapter inside the camera housing.)

Pros: Software is very good. Motion detection algorithm, in particular, is good. Setup is easy, although it took me a bit longer than their advertising copy implied.

Cons: Expensive for what you get. They have manual pan and tilt and manual focus. Adjusting them is quite tedious, especially if you don't have a monitor sitting next to you. The best focus I could achieve was still what I would call soft. To get them to communicate across subpanels requires a bridge, which would have added about another $100.

I took it back for a refund.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
          X