Z-Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Health

Did anyone ever have any luck getting Z-Health to run when scheduled? It still doesn't work for me. I have to change the scheduled time, or re-enable the plug-in, or spin in circles while standing on one leg (not really) to trigger it to do an on-demand execution. It simply will not start on its own.

It hasn't worked for me since before May when I filed the Bugzilla. It would occasionally run with some of the later betas, but not reliably.

Since about 3.0.0.172 I haven't even tried so I don't know if it is working or not.

I have no basis in fact, but I strongly believe that Z-Health is not as effective as manually optimizing each node. I also believe that once a network is optimized, there is no need to do anything with it unless a device is added or removed. I also have found my Z-Troller to become confused during optimizations. It always works better if i restart the interface before and after full optimizations. If I do add or remove a device in the future I am going to
    1. Suspend automatic polling
    2. Restart the interface
    3. Fully optimize the network
    4. Restart the interface
    5. Repeat 3 and 4 three times
    6. Resume automatic poling

That is the method I used after 3.0.0.175 caused loss of most of my command classes and that is when my network became the most stable. When something works ....

I would like to hear from Rick about Z-Health, because I seem to recall a post from either Rick or Rich that seemed to elude to the fact that Z-Health was really not an optimal solution.

I also would like to have the ability to restart the Z-Troller either from a Z-Wave action or a script, but I have not found any call that will do it. I have tried two Z-Trollers and have seen both of them just lock up when doing full scans or optimizations back to back. If i restart before and between each pass, they never do.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Z-Health can be an effective option for networks that frequent change. Otherwise, as Randy suggested, it's much better to manually optimize and then just leave things alone once the system is working.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        Z-Health can be an effective option for networks that frequent change. Otherwise, as Randy suggested, it's much better to manually optimize and then just leave things alone once the system is working.
        Then it might be good to make it work again

Comment

I ask because I just added 2 more devices and I'd much rather let the optimization be done automatically (Z-HEALTH) rather than have to go through the manual process.

Comment

Originally posted by randycboone View Post
            I ask because I just added 2 more devices and I'd much rather let the optimization be done automatically (Z-HEALTH) rather than have to go through the manual process.
            You can usually trick it into running, by setting it to run for a few hours right when you go to bed. Then disable and enable the Z-Wave plug-in after the ZHealth start time.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              You can usually trick it into running, by setting it to run for a few hours right when you go to bed. Then disable and enable the Z-Wave plug-in after the ZHealth start time.
              Sounds like the description in my initial post. [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by randycboone View Post
                Sounds like the description in my initial post. [emoji1]
                Reading comprehension is not my strong suit

Comment

Hey! It kicked in this morning !!!

Feb-03 5:39:08 AM Z-Wave ZHealth is starting Z-Wave network optimization for 1001631D (Z-Stick).

. . . though it is configured to start at 12:30am . . .

Comment

Originally posted by chaos215bar2
                    Where are the Z-Health settings located? I remember configuring them in the past, and I noticed a log message indicating Z-Health was running, but can't find a single piece of documentation explaining where the settings for Z-Health are actually controlled.
                    I'm new and still in trial and I second this. I've heard of Z-Health, but there's no documentation and I can't find anything about it in the Web Interface. Does it still exist? Or is is replaced by the addon Z-Seer+?

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                      I'm new and still in trial and I second this. I've heard of Z-Health, but there's no documentation and I can't find anything about it in the Web Interface. Does it still exist? Or is is replaced by the addon Z-Seer+?
                      It is no longer supported. It was never a good solution, a manual optimization works much better.

Comment

It is no longer supported. It was never a good solution, a manual optimization works much better.
                        That answers that. Good to know. I can stop looking for the magic unicorn

Comment

It hasn't worked for me since before May when I filed the Bugzilla. It would occasionally run with some of the later betas, but not reliably.

Since about 3.0.0.172 I haven't even tried so I don't know if it is working or not.

I have no basis in fact, but I strongly believe that Z-Health is not as effective as manually optimizing each node. I also believe that once a network is optimized, there is no need to do anything with it unless a device is added or removed. I also have found my Z-Troller to become confused during optimizations. It always works better if i restart the interface before and after full optimizations. If I do add or remove a device in the future I am going to
                          1. Suspend automatic polling
                          2. Restart the interface
                          3. Fully optimize the network
                          4. Restart the interface
                          5. Repeat 3 and 4 three times
                          6. Resume automatic poling

That is the method I used after 3.0.0.175 caused loss of most of my command classes and that is when my network became the most stable. When something works ....
                          I realize this is an old thread, but I've been having some problems and this seems to have fixed it.

I have an old system with a Z-Troller. The network seems to degrade over time. By that I mean some nodes become unreachable and commands to those nodes fail. Full optimization doesn't fix it - keep getting words about unable to reach node nn, but this method of turning off polling, restarting and optimizing several times, turning polling back on seems to fix it.

Two questions I have are:
                          1) why do things go south over time and,
                          2) why or how does this fix it when a Full Optimization alone does not?

Tia...
                          Michael
                          Regards,
                          Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Originally posted by mmn View Post

I have an old system with a Z-Troller.
                            That's not a lot of detail! Z-Wave Plus tech fixes a LOT of things that used to wreak havoc with older systems. If cost is preventing you from upgrading to newer devices, consider (at least) upgrading the interface to a Z-NET or SmartStick+. See if that helps. The Z-Troller is ancient now; it only has v5.03 ZDK running on it. That library is more than 10 years old.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                              That's not a lot of detail! Z-Wave Plus tech fixes a LOT of things that used to wreak havoc with older systems. If cost is preventing you from upgrading to newer devices, consider (at least) upgrading the interface to a Z-NET or SmartStick+. See if that helps. The Z-Troller is ancient now; it only has v5.03 ZDK running on it. That library is more than 10 years old.
                              I have a Smartstick+ on order. Meanwhile I have moved a couple of devices that have had connectivity issues, done many restarts and optimizations, relocated the z-troller, and things have been stable for a day now (kow)...!
                              Regards,
                              Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Working...
                              X