Problem with 3.0.6.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with 3.0.6.2

I recently upgraded my plug-in to version 3.0.6.2. Ever since the upgrade, all of my devices report that wake-ups are missed, which in my case results in 33 low battery reports every few hours.

Looking back through the logs, I find that only a couple of my devices are getting queued for processing. This started right after the upgrade. I see a line in the log for each device:

Apr-30 04:30:31 SDJ-Health PEData converted from version 1.8 for child device #582

After that, there is no activity for any device except for a couple of smoke detectors that heartbeat is monitored on.

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
    I recently upgraded my plug-in to version 3.0.6.2. Ever since the upgrade, all of my devices report that wake-ups are missed, which in my case results in 33 low battery reports every few hours.

Looking back through the logs, I find that only a couple of my devices are getting queued for processing. This started right after the upgrade. I see a line in the log for each device:

Apr-30 04:30:31 SDJ-Health PEData converted from version 1.8 for child device #582

After that, there is no activity for any device except for a couple of smoke detectors that heartbeat is monitored on.
    That's not good!
    3.0.6.2 added the optional battery factor which is why it upgrades the child devices from file version 1.8 (to 1.9). I haven't seen that causing a problem.

What OS are you running on?

Can you set LogLevel = 2 on the SDJ-Health pi, then disable and re-enable it. Let it run for say 10 minutes, change the LogLevel back to 0 or 1. Filter your log for SDJ-Health messages, post it back here and I'll see if I can figure out what is going on.

Thanks,
    Steve

Comment

I am running on Linux (Homeseer SEL).

I was able to get it working after a reboot of the entire system, but this morning everything is missing wakeups again and I am getting multiple messages. I will get the logs tonight when I get home, and post them to you.

Thanks!

Comment

I am running on Linux (Homeseer SEL).

I was able to get it working after a reboot of the entire system, but this morning everything is missing wakeups again and I am getting multiple messages. I will get the logs tonight when I get home, and post them to you.

Thanks!
        OK Brett, hopefully the logs will reveal the issue you are having.

Can you let me know the version of HS3 as well.

Steve

Comment

Here is the logs from today. I just let the run so you could get a good sense of what is happening.

I am running version 3.0.0.425.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is the logs from today. I just let the run so you could get a good sense of what is happening.

I am running version 3.0.0.425.
            Brett, thanks for the comprehensive information.

Looking through the log I can see that everything was running smoothly up until about May-02 19:25 when the plug-in no longer detected any logged wake-up messages. The plug-in continued to run normally, detecting Heartbeat and Activity devices, and triggered the missed wake-ups for the other battery devices as their normal sleep times expired.
            You restarted the plugin with loglevel 2 at May-03 06:28.
            The plug-in started up fine checked all it's devices and registered with HS3 for callbacks including log messages. The plug-in continues to run normally but it is still not detecting any wake-up messages in the log. It is receiving callbacks for value changes because that is how Heartbeats are detected and they are being processed fine.

The two most likely reasons for this behaviour are that at May-02 19:25 HS3 stopped reporting wake-up messages in the log, or it stopped sending log message callbacks to the plug-in .

To rule out the first can you check your log for wake-up messages. Turn off any log filters by clicking 'Reset' and enter the text "Wake-up Notification", without quotation marks, in the Search Text. You should see lots of Z-Wave Wake-up Notification messages but are there any after May-02 19:25?

Presuming that the wake-up messages continue after that time then for some reason the plug-in is no longer receiving the callbacks. Now, throughout the recent HS3 betas there has been lots of discussion about callback queues filling up and this causing problems. I haven't experienced any issues myself but there have been quite a few reports of this causing problems with plug-ins. You say you are running 3.0.0.425 so I suggest your next step would be to update to the latest production version 3.0.0.435 and see if that makes any difference.

If the problem continues then have a search through your log for messages that look something like
            Dropping event callbacks
            They would indicate a problem with callbacks which we can then investigate further.

Let me know how you get on.

Steve

Comment

I just upgraded to 3.0.0.435. Let's see how it runs over the weekend and see if the problem reoccurs. The callback queue issue makes sense, as it ran a couple of days after a reboot with no issues at all and then suddenly started malfunctioning.

Thanks!

Comment

I just upgraded to 3.0.0.435. Let's see how it runs over the weekend and see if the problem reoccurs. The callback queue issue makes sense, as it ran a couple of days after a reboot with no issues at all and then suddenly started malfunctioning.
                Whilst 3.0.0.425 was an official release it did seem to result in a lot of problem reports in its forum thread and was pretty quickly replaced with later versions leading up to 3.0.0.435 so its a possibility that it was the issue. I was on beta 422 (I think) when 425 was released and skipped it because of the issues reported on the forum.

Anyway, fingers crossed

Steve

Comment

So far, its been flawless. Been running about two days with no issues. If we get another few days out of it, I think we can call this one resolved.

Comment

So far, its been flawless. Been running about two days with no issues. If we get another few days out of it, I think we can call this one resolved.

Comment

Working...
                    X