2GIG Z-wave thermostat reliability issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks keep us posted
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

I have one of the Honeywell thermostats - I just installed it last night and all seems to be working well control wise, however the polling does not seem to be working - I set it to 60 seconds in the settings but homeseer never seems to get the updated values unless I refresh manually via the interface. This means that the test event I have setup (email me when operating mode changes to heating) never fires.

Anyone else having this issue with the TH8320ZW1007/U ?

Regards,
      Matt

BTW - it was pretty easy to install and setup - I only have 4 wires, so the little widget they have for using it as 5 wires works well, although the instructions for the widget install (on front) were not correct - you need to follow the ones inside the installation booklet for your scenario (1H/1C, 1 Transformer for me).

Comment

Originally posted by AussieInSeattle View Post
        I have one of the Honeywell thermostats - I just installed it last night and all seems to be working well control wise, however the polling does not seem to be working - I set it to 60 seconds in the settings but homeseer never seems to get the updated values unless I refresh manually via the interface. This means that the test event I have setup (email me when operating mode changes to heating) never fires.

Regards,
        Matt

BTW - it was pretty easy to install and setup - I only have 4 wires, so the little widget they have for using it as 5 wires works well, although the instructions for the widget install (on front) were not correct - you need to follow the ones inside the installation booklet for your scenario (1H/1C, 1 Transformer for me).
        Are there any errors in the HS log file when you poll?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No polling error messages in HS Log. I do see messages in the HS log when I set the temperature from HSTouch or through the web interface, so I assume it is logging?

Comment

What exactly do you mean by "never seems to get the updated values unless I refresh manually via the interface"?

Comment

Originally posted by AussieInSeattle View Post

Regards,
              Matt

I have two of the TH8320ZW1007/U and both are polling correctly. I think that I did have to go into Z-wave management and associate each one with HomeSeer to get polling to work.

Comment

Hey Joe,
                I'm brand new to HS - can you expand on where those settings are? Or do you mean the setting on the thermostat (installer setup menus)?
                Regards,
                Matt

Comment

nevermind - found it - thanks for the tip on what I was missing

Comment

I just got a Honeywell and I'm starting to experiment with it. So far, it's WAY faster than the CT30 responding to commands. I put it in the exact same location of a CT30, powered both of them, and the Honeywell responds instantly, the CT30 has issues and is unreliable. (Yes, I've optimized my Zwave network, at least for the CT30, yes I have a relay node nearby).

Clicking update in the z-wave thermostat control panel updates the thermostat temp and other settings instantly.

However, I am having trouble running a polling. I just set up an event to poll the thermostat and 70% of the time I run it I get an error. Here is the error I get:

11/24/2011 10:05:02 PM Event Event Trigger "Poll Temperatures"
                    11/24/2011 10:05:02 PM Warning Failed to get updated sensor information for Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 60 Temperature, Sensor: 1.

I'm wondering if there is some bug in homeseer regarding z-wave thermostat poling? I'm reoptimizing the entire network with the Honeywell thermostat installed. That's still in process though. Like I said, updating in the z-wave thermostat control panel is instantaneous.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremystevenson View Post
                      However, I am having trouble running a polling. I just set up an event to poll the thermostat and 70% of the time I run it I get an error. Here is the error I get:

11/24/2011 10:05:02 PM Event Event Trigger "Poll Temperatures"
                      11/24/2011 10:05:02 PM Warning Failed to get updated sensor information for Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 60 Temperature, Sensor: 1.

I'm wondering if there is some bug in homeseer regarding z-wave thermostat poling? I'm reoptimizing the entire network with the Honeywell thermostat installed. That's still in process though. Like I said, updating in the z-wave thermostat control panel is instantaneous.
                      Did you see post #21 below?

Comment

Hmmm.. I've never had to set up associations, and there weren't any options that I could select that made any sense. Also, polling of the thermostat works sometimes.

I'm actually wondering if a combination of CT30 thermostats and my Z-Stick are causing problems for the Honeywells. The CT30s seem to be a nightmare of reliability for me, and I think there is something up with the Z-Stick when it has to talk to them. Before installing the CT30s I was able to run the healthcheck feature for z-wave every night. After installing the CT30s that started failing and killing my z-wave communications. Only unplugging the stick would fix it. I've just disabled my health check for now.

Anyone else using the CT30s successfully with the Z-stick Series II (latest firmware)?

Those of you that have the Honeywells working - are you using the Z-stick?

Should I really be using a Home Troller?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremystevenson View Post
                          Those of you that have the Honeywells working - are you using the Z-stick?...
                          Yes.

Comment

[quote=AussieInSeattle;991866]
                            quote]

I have this thermostat - it replaced one (similar) provided by the power company, I never could get remote communications to work. I've used a Trane XL800 for a number of years in our other house but it does not have any remote communications.

The new Honeywell works well, communications are rock solid. I am using the z-wave plug in. The only drawback I can see is the fan control, it only supports ON/OFF/AUTO whereas the Honeywell has ON/OFF/AUTO/CIRC, and I like to us CIRC fan mode most of the time except when we are away for a period of time. I can manually set it to CIRC and will stay there until changed to one of the settings but no way to change it back with HomeSeer. On the status page it says fan mode is "6" and if set to ON/OFF/AUTO it is reported as such so I think the software reads the code but does not know how to display. Not a big things but a thing...

I am having an issue with polling errors. I'm not sure how often it should be polled, any suggestions?

Comment

@jimbrandon, can you explain the difference between fan mode ON and CIRC? I have a couple of electrostatic filters installed and I've always heard that I should leave the fan on, but I'm curious what CIRC does.
                              HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                              Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                              Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                              Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                                @jimbrandon, can you explain the difference between fan mode ON and CIRC? I have a couple of electrostatic filters installed and I've always heard that I should leave the fan on, but I'm curious what CIRC does.
                                From my manual.
                                Circ: — fan runs randomly approximately 35% of time. Use this setting for improved air circulation or for more efficient central air cleaning when you do not want the fan running continuously.

Comment

Working...
                                X