This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polling interval question

I am going to assume that this is the frequency that the plug in will poll the module? By default it is set to 0. When would you need to set this value to other than 0?
    Last edited by mnsandler; May 26, 2012, 09:23 PM. Reason: fixed title spelling

Originally posted by Ken LaCapria View Post
    I am going to assume that this is the frequency that the plug in will poll the module? By default it is set to 0. When would you need to set this value to other than 0?
    some devices like the iMeter and original Lamplincs, and GarageHawk don't broadcast their status when it changes. so you would need to either use scheduled polling to update HS with their status, or do the polling in a event/script.

Another alternative it to use polling for eveything in case a status change msg is missed.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

some devices like the iMeter and original Lamplincs, and GarageHawk don't broadcast their status when it changes. so you would need to either use scheduled polling to update HS with their status, or do the polling in a event/script.

Another alternative it to use polling for eveything in case a status change msg is missed.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
        X