Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Error in StatName, Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Hi all,

so, yesterday, I received a new Z-Wave home theater remote which claimed to be able to control thermostats as well as zwave lighting, etc.

So, I tried to pair 2 of my 3 thermostats with the remote, but after unsuccessful tries, I realized that HomeSeer no longer "saw" the thermostats. I figured my only option was to remove them and re-add them. I used the "replace device" feature with no success, and tried to follow the instructions to "simply delete the new Z-Wave device that HomeSeer created and change the Node Number on the old device to the new one". Well, everything seemed to be OK, until...

Whenever I go to my climate page in HSTouch, each thermostat displays "N/A" even though the page to select the thermostats has the correct temp/etc. When the thermostats are selected, the following errors are logged:
    Code:
    Error in StatName, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Error in HSPI.NTemps, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    I've tried restarting HomeSeer, re-adding the nodes within HomeSeer and from the Z-Stick itself, restarting the HomeSeer computer, etc, to no avail!

Any help is appreciated!

no one?

Comment

Try the following:

1. Delete the thermostat from HomeSeer using the Remove Node function.
      2. Restart HomeSeer
      3. Re-Add the thermostat to HomeSeer using the Add Node function.

I have found that if you don't do the restart in-between removing and adding the thermostat, the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error will not go away.

Comment

I tried that, but still nothing has helped me so far.

Comment

Similar problem

I have been running this Z wave thermostat (Honeywell) for about a week now and what seems to be happening is I get this error after running HStouch then try to run the zwave thermostat from the webpage.

So I don't seem to get webpage errors until I have run HStouch from my iphone. two days no errors but as soon as I run the HStouch app and check the temp or set the temp if I then go back to the webpage interface error. The HStouch continues to work but have to restart HS to get the webpage back.

Comment

Sounds like a bug if you are running the latest version of HomeSeer and the HSTouch suite. Can one of you guys put in a help desk bug report on this please.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Z-Wave Thermostat Woes!

Rupp, this is the same message set that I am getting. Previously reported in PAID SUPPORT and has been OPEN since August. When you initially open the thermostat on HSTouch, the values are correct but the error message appear in the log and subsequent returns to the thermostat page in HSTouch are presented with NA for all values. I am using the latest versions of both HSTouch and HomeSeer (PRO100).

10/18/2012 7:55:51 PM Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 192.168.0.23 User: xxxxxxxxxxx
              10/18/2012 7:56:20 PM HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.0.1/52498
              10/18/2012 7:56:21 PM HSTouch Server Client Craig's iPad 3 (192.168.0.1/52498) named Craig's iPad 3 has CONNECTED.
              10/18/2012 7:56:23 PM ZWave Thermostats Error in StatName, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              10/18/2012 7:56:23 PM ZWave Thermostats Error in HSPI.NTemps, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig-Y View Post
                Rupp, this is the same message set that I am getting. Previously reported in PAID SUPPORT and has been OPEN since August. When you initially open the thermostat on HSTouch, the values are correct but the error message appear in the log and subsequent returns to the thermostat page in HSTouch are presented with NA for all values. I am using the latest versions of both HSTouch and HomeSeer (PRO100).

10/18/2012 7:55:51 PM Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 192.168.0.23 User: xxxxxxxxxxx
                10/18/2012 7:56:20 PM HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.0.1/52498
                10/18/2012 7:56:21 PM HSTouch Server Client Craig's iPad 3 (192.168.0.1/52498) named Craig's iPad 3 has CONNECTED.
                10/18/2012 7:56:23 PM ZWave Thermostats Error in StatName, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                10/18/2012 7:56:23 PM ZWave Thermostats Error in HSPI.NTemps, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Did you bump the paid support thread? It's very easy to get burried in that forum.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

resolved?

Was this ever resolved? I'm getting the same error messaging after deleting and re-adding my zwave thermostat and then accessing HSTouch.

Comment

Working...
                  X