No announcement yet.

ZWave errors after installing CT100 thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am running HomeSeer Version: Professional Edition 2.5.0.55. Are you suggesting that I install HS2 2.5.0.78 Beta?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

CT100 Issues Since Day One for 2 Years Now...

I've been having issue with mine since day one. Multiple times I have deleted the device an dreaded it. Sometimes I have the ghosting issue of multiples and delete the extras. Most of the time it's Time Out issues polling the unit.

I have tried resetting my interface Zwave stick! fully optimizing, deleting and re-adding and each time it works for a short time and then trouble starts. NONE of my other Z-wave switches are giving me any trouble.

Now I cannot even communicate with it and optimization fails. Latest log errors are:

11/15/2013 6:42:45 AM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In PollNoWait: Time: 11/15/2013 6:42:45 AM

11/15/2013 6:42:45 AM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering SendCMD: CMD=Temp G/S=True VAL= SPNum=1

11/15/2013 6:42:45 AM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Sending ZWave Command: 31-4 to Thermostat at ZWaveID: 6, Looking for 0x31(O=0x31)

11/15/2013 6:42:46 AM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Received return: 45-52-52-4F-52 from thermostat at ID: 6

11/15/2013 6:42:46 AM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering ProcessCMD, CMD=45-52-52-4F-52

11/15/2013 6:42:46 AM ZWave Thermostats Aborting poll of this thermostat due to and error retrieving the temperature. Node: 6

I have HS 2.5.0.52 am using the Aeon Labs Z-wave stick. I believe it's the newer 2nd gen.

Comment

Originally posted by rjbur View Post
        I've been having issue with mine since day one. Multiple times I have deleted the device an dreaded it. Sometimes I have the ghosting issue of multiples and delete the extras.
        The multiple stats showing should be fixed in the final HS2 release which is .81
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Comment

That looks good. Is there a still an issue other than these stats have weak radios many users still have good success with them.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Comment

I only have three nodes or 3 z-wave devices at this time. Two dimmers, one upstairs and the other downstairs. The controller is in the living room and my first dimmer is within 20 feet direct line of site no obstructions. Never had any issues with dimmer errors or control. Thermostat is in the kitchen on wall within 10 feet of first dimmer.

I just deleted an dreaded the thermostat and it went from being the 6th node to the seventh node. I should only have 3 nodes. So this is the 5th time I have had to delete and then add back in the CT100.

The last time I did this it was working fine. Only issue I seem to have was including it in Events. When I include changes in mode and set points I seem to have mixed success. One event for sleep seems to work. The other for wake fails to set. Probably not the issue, but a part of me is now wondering if this will all break again once I start running events that include the thermostat settings. Which I think i now need to go and fix again that I have a new node 7 thermostat.

Comment

I fought my ct30 tstats for a year. Similarly to you, I would add them to my network and everything would work fine for a week or two. Then, suddenly my network devices would begin to lose connectivity; I deleted and re added them at least a dozen times. Finally, someone mentioned some known radio problems with the ct30s and I replaced them with ct100s; I have had no problem since. However, your ct100 experience has given me a chill...I'd hate to go through that experience again. I'd suggest a different tstat.
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
                  2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
                  300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
                  6 CT-100 tstats
                  Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
                  18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

How many of you with CT30s or CT100s saw the installation note about making sure that the thermostat has power from the HVAC system, NOT by batteries, before you add it to the network?

It changes HOW the thermostat behaves, so I wondered how many noted that and did it that way?
                    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
                      I fought my ct30 tstats for a year.....
                      Well after almost two years I took my CT30 and tossed it in the trash!!!
                      The other problem I had with these was the cheap plastic covers on the top and bottom. Already breaking and each one holding on with a single tab... Having to constantly remove it to reset it....

I replaced it with an Insteon Thermostat 2441TH and it's been working like a champ! HIGHLY recommend this one as it seems to have a greater feature set as well and programming and working with it has been a trouble free...

Well almost... I thought it had died on be once as the screen went blank and nothing I seen to touch would bring it back to life. Finally I popped it open and noticed what I believe to be a reset button on the back side of the circuit board that is right over the area on the back plate that mounts to that wall that has a circle of foam that the control cables to the HVAC come through. I noticed a bulge in the foam, so I pushed it all down and made sure that it was not going to push on the button. Then I held that button in for a while, closed the thermostat back up and it came to life! Have not had an issue since... All mu Events are working great now and HSTouch control is up as well!!

Anyway... If anyone else has had it with the CTxxx series I recomend the switch to the Insteon version. On my Someday List is to add the INSTEON Wireless Thermostat 2441ZTH to the second floor of the house and a few damper controls as these two can work together and switch which one's the Master and I'll be able to zone manage my HVAC... But that's on the "Someday List" as I have many more basic devices to purchases and install first... Now if I could only find the cash...

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
                      How many of you with CT30s or CT100s saw the installation note about making sure that the thermostat has power from the HVAC system, NOT by batteries, before you add it to the network?

It changes HOW the thermostat behaves, so I wondered how many noted that and did it that way?
                      Well they should probably tell us to just NOT use the batteries when on power... HOWEVER, I was having nothing but trouble, the same trouble, when I was running on Battery alone. So I switch to power from the HVAC system and still had the same issues... Wish I could get my money back on this one, but I guess it's the cost of this hobby...

Rich

Comment

RF Interference

A belated observation for future reference: I think RF interference may be a factor in some cases.

All my Z-Wave devices were working pretty well, with one exception. Some of my six CT100 thermostats (including one on AC power) were behaving weirdly. They gave me error messages when polling the parent device, but not for commands (e.g. set heat setpoint) or when polling a child device (e.g. read humidity). HS restarts, reboots, and reconfigurations didn't help.

As a last resort, I moved my Z-Troller a foot or more away from all computer monitors and keyboards, and lifted its connecting wires up from the snake pit behind the computer table. No more errors after that. My guess is that a poll for multiple values is more susceptible to scrambling than a simple one.

I suppose plugging the Z-Troller's AC adapter into an RF-filtered power strip might be another thing to try.

-- George

Comment

This thermostat looks pretty cool. Can it be integrated into Homeseer with the wifi option added?
                          Like many, I have had nothing but problems with my CT100's (two of them). One works pretty reliably, but the other never stays connected for long, and then needs to be deleted and reinstalled.
                          Thanks
                          Mike

Originally posted by WayneWestmoreland View Post
                          I gave up trying to get the CT100 to work. In addition to the Z-Wave/HomeSeer issues I hated the UI. For example when you change the set point the current temperature and the set-point swap places on the screen which I found really annoying. And the UI is just plain ugly IMHO.

I returned it and bought 4 Venstar T5800 thermostats: https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...=venstar+t5800

They are IP stats, have a beautiful intuitive UI, tons of setup features and the remote phone and web apps are awesome. And I saw a post from a Venstar engineer that they plan to come out with an Insteon I/O card you can plugin in place of the IP card. Not too often that I am this pleased with a device.

Comment

Finally Gave Up...

Just wanted to let this thread know that I finally gave up with my CT Z-Wave based Thermostat and replaced it with an Insteon based unit.

My Z-wave unit just kept getting locked up or not seen by the Z-wave network and I constantly had to rest the unit to get it back to life.

I am now running the INSTEON 2441TH Thermostat and have had no real lockup issues with this unit. I'd say I've had about a 99% up time. At first I had a few issues with the foam seal and mu cables casing it to possibly push on the button inside the unit, but other than that, the units has been controllable each and every time.

I'm thinking now of paring the 2441TH with the INSTEON 2441ZTH Wireless Thermostat so I can set it as the Master while asleep upstairs. Now I just need to install a few controllable ducting dampers and I's be able to fully control the HVAC system.... ahhh if I only had an endless supply of funding...

My primary Insteon and Z-wave control unit is now the ISY994i that I control through HS3.

Rich

Comment

This is the second time I should have checked the forums before buying the 100 series thermostat. . .I bought it just to be a temperature gauge and maybe a way to trigger a change on my real Honeywell thermostat. I got it imported on my Zee and all the devices show, but they are all blank/0. . .time to give up already?

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                                This is the second time I should have checked the forums before buying the 100 series thermostat. . .I bought it just to be a temperature gauge and maybe a way to trigger a change on my real Honeywell thermostat. I got it imported on my Zee and all the devices show, but they are all blank/0. . .time to give up already?
                                I have eight of them that work perfectly. What version of the Z-Wave plug-in are you using, is the thermostat powered by the HVAC "C" wire and was it powered when included? There was a problem introduced in beta 3.0.0.205 that was corrected in 3.0.0.208 and later.
                                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                                X